Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Frozen Section at one of my company's facility is acting up and Temperatures are going upto 9F (-12C).

( A little bit history- Prior to me joining this company the upper limit was set at 10F max (no idea why) so it was a norm previously, however I have changed/enforced the limits to be dropped to be -2F max and for the last few months it has been consistent. Recently, we encountered a breakage in one of the air duct lines and the temps fluctuated and went on a higher note of 9F. Currently, we are working to bring it down to the -2F) 

(Product Type: Raw Fish, Raw Meat,ready to eat Chicken and other food products- Frozen)

Should i be concerned of any hazards (though the temps were way below <40F? 

As always,  any help is appreciated.

Jemer85

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:26 AM

Hey can you please confirm the device specification  in which you are facing this problem,

Are you setting the temperature manually, then I should suggest you to use Wireless Temperature sensor which help you to keep you updated using Internet.

Edited by Jemer85, 22 June 2018 - 07:27 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

You may have some quality issues (from the slight "thaw") and perhaps some shelf life reduction, but food safety wise, you've nothing to worry about

Is the freezer on a maintenance schedule?

Edited by Scampi, 22 June 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hey can you please confirm the device specification  in which you are facing this problem,

Are you setting the temperature manually, then I should suggest you to use Wireless Temperature sensor which help you to keep you updated using Internet.

Yes, it is controlled manually through a software.

We have alarm installed and a continuous online monitoring through probes installed in the freezer.

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

You may have some quality issues (from the slight "thaw") and perhaps some shelf life reduction, but food safety wise, you've nothing to worry about

Is the freezer on a maintenance schedule?

Thanks Scampi, it is what i assumed too, but it is always a good idea to get a second opinion.

Yes, this particular freezer is on a maintenance schedule.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users