• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 57 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Hello Everyone,

I know that a lot of people are struggling to put together food fraud procedures, vulnerability assessments, or just don't know where to start. So i just want to share with You my experience and just maybe help You to start. I found online Food Fraud Training from the Michigan University, the training it's like a webinar with a lot of reading material, also there is a quiz after each section, but it's helped me a lot and was very informative. The training is free, but if You would like to get the certificate of completion then You have to pay $100 (im not advertising, im just sharing my experience). SQF Auditor was really impressed when he saw the certificate he also noted it in the SQF Audit report and asked me for the link.

If You have any questions please let me know, i hope it will help You in Developing Your Food Fraud Program.

So here is the link : http://foodfraud.msu.edu/mooc/

Link with the schedules: https://docs.google....=h.w30819vjzt1d

Thank You

Quality Is The Goal  :bye:

Thanked by 3 Members:

Watanka

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 109 posts
  • 50 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

Looks great - thanks!

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Michigan State is really providing a great service with their Food Fraud Initiative.

Marshall

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:58 AM

Hi QITG,

Thks for details. I anticipate that you knew more than the SQF auditor.

I hope that the Michigan Methodology involves less questions than that of the (additionally) SQF recommended pwc/ssafe. ?? (I admire the ssafe-related publications/procedures but i doubt that SQF et al  expect such comprehensive studies as are included therein ?).

The BRC/VA requirements/Guidelines appear more explicit/restricted than for SQF so that one wonders if a "narrower" approach will also satisfy SQF (et al.)  After all, the emphasis of a FSMS is, presumably, supposed to be on Food Safety (but not to ignore FF disasters such as melamine).

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Quality Is the Goal

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 57 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

Hi QITG,

Thks for details. I anticipate that you knew more than the SQF auditor.

I hope that the Michigan Methodology involves less questions than that of the (additionally) SQF recommended pwc/ssafe. ?? (I admire the ssafe-related publications/procedures but i doubt that SQF et al  expect such comprehensive studies as are included therein ?).

The BRC/VA requirements/Guidelines appear more explicit/restricted than for SQF so that one wonders if a "narrower" approach will also satisfy SQF (et al.)  After all, the emphasis of a FSMS is, presumably, supposed to be on Food Safety (but not to ignore FF disasters such as melamine).

Hi Charles,

I cannot say that i knew more than the auditor :) Auditor was really knowledgeable and he knew what he was doing, he just did not know that there is a training. 

The training questions are nothing like PWC, training explaining all the acpects of food fraud, basically explaining all the question from PWC. Training consist of a lot of links to the different websites and articles also video webinar and then there is a test probably like 10-15 questions and question are really easy, training consist from 2 parts (2 tests).  And then in the end You have an option to purchase the certificate. Like i said before there is a lot of reading material. Michigan University basically gives You a schedule - 2 weeks to read and learn the course. 

I liked it and i think its helped me a lot in developing my Food Fraud Procedures.

Thank You

Quality Is The Goal

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users