Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Just curious how others gather their sources of information and references to legislation for this clause. I use www.legislation.gov.uk and eur-lex.europa.eu but i am hoping someone has a time saving way of doing this as it takes so long. Any suggestions welcome...

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

can you subscribe to those sites? Then updates are emailed or RSS and you can just school through the list?

I subscribe to CFIA and don't have to go swimming through the legislation

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Just curious how others gather their sources of information and references to legislation for this clause. I use www.legislation.gov.uk and eur-lex.europa.eu but i am hoping someone has a time saving way of doing this as it takes so long. Any suggestions welcome...

Setting it up initially always takes a while - in addition to the regulatory stuff there isn't really a shortcut to doing a decent literature review for published (ideally peer-reviewed ;) ) research.

For some product categories it's also useful looking at regs and CoPs for other jurisdictions as well, as they may cover things that make useful references even if not mandated in the UK/EU.

Sorry to add to the workload but its one of those things that is worth doing properly at the start, and maintaining it is then much more manageable. The more robust it's put together initially, the less time you'll also have to spend doing corrective actions for audits, as customers, CBs etc all have differing opinions and interpretations on HACCP (some of them are truly quite bizarre :lol2: ).

Are you a member of any trade bodies?

Someone on IFSQN may be able to recommend a suitable option if you can advise on what products/processes you're looking at.

We're members of a couple of these and it's very useful getting consulted on drafts before publication and having the opportunity for a bit of input, as well as being notified of changes without having to manually trudge through the Europa portal on a regular basis.

If you're not already subscribed then you'll probably also want to sign up for the FSA's email alerts service: https://www.food.gov.uk/news-alerts

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users