• Quick Navigation
Photo

What documentation is required for sending Food Waste as Animal Feed?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

bakeryscience

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, coffee culture, photography, watercolor painting, pets (I've officially been converted into a cat person), travel, minimalism, self-improvement

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:44 PM

I know there have been a few threads on this topic before, but I figured I would start a new one since it is somewhat of a case-by-case basis. 

I had a question about the documentation I would need to create in order to give product waste to a farmer to be used as chicken feed. We would be giving him baked loaves of bread, not dough or anything else raw. 

What documentation would I need to give to the farmer? Would I need to become a PCQI for Animal Feed?

QA_KB12

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

The type of documentation you may want to consider is items documented on a bill of laden, such as date/time, weight of product. Any documentation created will be essential for you to do a mock recall/recall product on and your ability to track to it. 

As far as the PCQI from my personal research, if the food facility is subject to the Human Food Rule and the product wanting to be sent as animal feed is not further processed, it is not subject to the Animal Feed Rule of FSMA - meaning PCQI for Animal Feed is not needed. However, if the potential product does get further processed at a later step, then it will be subjected to Animal Feed Rule. 

sqflady

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 250 posts
  • 63 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:26 PM

Check with your local authority, you may need a license to do that.  In Wisconsin, we are required to have a "Feed License". 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users