henrysilvag

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:46 AM

Hello Saferpakers

I found new interesting information about the changes made at the last meeting from Pro Cert (A swiss certification Body www.procert.ch)

"ISO 22000: the DIS will be published shortly Berne, 6 february 2004

The objective of the meeting on 5/6 January 2004 has been attained: the DIS ISO 22000 is going to be published shortly (DIS = draft international standard).This encouraging result has been made possible by:

- the work of the meeting on 24/26 September 2003,
- the important work of the working group secretariat, which prepared a new project answering all of the 120 pages of comments produced by the CD (Committee Draft),
- the excellent direction of the meeting.

Participation was more or less the same as in September with the principal opponents of the CD being represented (in particular, the USA, Japan, Belgium and France). The main absentee was Australia - which nevertheless had given a favourable indication on the basis of the new working paper under discussion.
The principal modifications made are:

- integration of more elements (definitions and requirements) of ISO 9001,
- revision of the introduction,
- regrouping of (practically) all the stages of the Codex in Chapter 7 "Realisation of safe product",
- description of the PRP (Pre-Requisite Programmes) as a preliminary with any HACCP study,
- replacement of the concept of SSM by that of PRP,
- definition of 2 types of PRP:

a) PRP of the infrastructure type or maintenance and B) operational PRP

- maintenance of the principle of "two legs" according to which control measures associated with a hazard must be related either to a HACCP plan or to an operational PRP,
- introduction of the requirement of verification planning,
- clarification of the Chapter 'Measures & Analyses' and of the interfaces with the management review,
- creation of an appendix A designed as an interpretation guide (similar to ISO 14001).

The timetable is now as follows:
- Finalisation of the DIS by the project secretariat
- February 15: send to all members of the WG 8 for final acceptance and release
- March 20: send the released DIS to the Secretariat of the ISO/TC 34 and ask for submission as a DIS
- April 2004: put the DIS to consultation for a vote in 5 months
- At the end of 2004: new meeting for the development of the FDIS (Final Draft International Standard)

In order to help clients understand this important new standard for all the food chain, ProCert will shortly adapt its HACCP guide to DIS ISO 22000. A certification will be possible from the final stage - i.e. the FDIS"
###

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:03 PM

Thanks very much for the update Henry. :thumbup:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Amor Jasmine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

Thanks very much for the update Henry.  :thumbup:

Regards,
Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would there be anyone who have the latest draft of ISO 22000, please send me a copy at amorjasm@yahoo.com

Simon, do you have electronic copy of the guideline for HACCP? Would you mind if you send me a copy of it? I would like to read further and study it.

Thank you :)
Amor Jasmine

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:53 AM

We do not condone the exchange of copyrighted materials such as published standards on these forums so please refrain from asking. Thanks.

For HACCP info see: http://www.codexalim...eb/index_en.jsp

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users