• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do internal auditors need to be qualified?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

bibi

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

hi :helpplease:

in a small business(20 staff) how to conduct an internal audit (quality system management, BRC)
how can we do it?
do we have to be a qualified auditor? ( please any procedures, audit forms...)
or should hire an external auditor?

bibi

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

hi :helpplease:
in a small business (20 staff) how to conduct an internal audit (quality system management, BRC)
how can we do it?
do we have to be a qualified auditor? ( please any procedures, audit forms...)
or should hire an external auditor?

I don't believe internal auditors need to be qualified persay, but they do need to be competent; after all you want them to do a good job. If your system is based on the BRC Standard then I would expect the auditor to be very familiar with the Standard and understand food safety management, HACCP principles etc. The BRC internal auditor training course is probably exactly what you are looking for - if you can get to London.

If you cannot manage the auditing in-house you could outsource to a consultant, but that would prove the costliest option in the long term. As you are only a small company maybe you could employ a consultant in the short term who could mentor one of your own staff to take over when up to speed.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users