• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

Hi
Just in the process of implementing HACCP, and was wondering whether anyone had examples of a pre-req audit?
thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

Hi
Just in the process of implementing HACCP, and was wondering whether anyone had examples of a pre-req audit?
thanks

What's your process Sue?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

suemal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

What's your process Sue?

In the main cooked meats in gravy/sauce,
Thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:40 AM

Can anyone help Sue out with a HACCP Prerequisite audit template?

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

just me

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

Can anyone help Sue out with a HACCP Prerequisite audit template?
Simon

Dear Sue,

Not sure whether this helps, If my understanding is correct, Prerequisite to HACCP means GMP, means General Principles of Food Hygiene.
Try to look into the Codex General Principles of Food Hygiene, requirements stated in the guideline would help develop the audit checklist (just ignore the part on Primary Production, and one part on Vending Machines).

On Control on Operations of the Codex guideline, take note on checking the cooking temperature of the meat and the gravy whether it meets the minimum food safety requirements, whether the cooking temperature is monitored and recorded. There after, the hot / cold holding of the cooked item. Takenote also on the reheating process, if there is any.
Also try to look into Codex Guideline for Mass Catering on the required time and temperature control when developing the checklist.

I tried my best...

Cheers,

suemal

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

Dear Sue,

Not sure whether this helps, If my understanding is correct, Prerequisite to HACCP means GMP, means General Principles of Food Hygiene.
Try to look into the Codex General Principles of Food Hygiene, requirements stated in the guideline would help develop the audit checklist (just ignore the part on Primary Production, and one part on Vending Machines).

On Control on Operations of the Codex guideline, take note on checking the cooking temperature of the meat and the gravy whether it meets the minimum food safety requirements, whether the cooking temperature is monitored and recorded. There after, the hot / cold holding of the cooked item. Takenote also on the reheating process, if there is any.
Also try to look into Codex Guideline for Mass Catering on the required time and temperature control when developing the checklist.

I tried my best...

Cheers,

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

Dear All,

Thought I could add a bit more to this thread by suggesting some useful (IMO) offerings re prerequisite programs. Note the PRP lists referred here are the old type, not I22k variety.
As a starter I have extracted the NACMCF list (11 items) from the saferpak home page link -

http://www.fsis.usda...erequisites.htm
(11July2014, link still working)

Facilities. The establishment should be located, constructed, and maintained according to sanitary design principles. There should be linear product flow and traffic control to minimize cross-contamination from raw to cooked materials.

Supplier Control. Each facility should assure that its suppliers have in place effective GMP and food-safety programs. These may be the subject of continuing supplier guarantee and supplier HACCP system verification.

Specifications. There should be written specifications for all ingredients, products, and packaging materials.

Production Equipment. All equipment should be constructed and installed according to sanitary design principles. Preventive maintenance and calibration schedules should be established and documented.

Cleaning and Sanitation. All procedures for cleaning and sanitizing the equipment and the facility should be written and followed. A master sanitation schedule should be in place.

Personal Hygiene. All employees and other persons who enter the manufacturing plant should follow the requirements for personal hygiene.

Training. All employees should receive documented training in personal hygiene, GMP, cleaning and sanitation procedures, personal safety, and their role in the HACCP program.

Chemical Control. Documented procedures must be in place to assure the segregation and proper use of nonfood chemicals in the plant. These include cleaning chemicals, fumigants, and pesticides or baits used in or around the plant.

Receiving, Storage, and Shipping. All raw materials and products should be stored under sanitary conditions and the proper environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity to assure their safety and wholesomeness.

Traceability and Recall. All raw materials and products should be lot-coded and a recall system should be in place so that rapid and complete traces and recalls can be done when a product retrieval is necessary.

Pest Control. Effective pest control programs should be in place.
Other examples of prerequisite programs might include quality assurance procedures; standard operating procedures for sanitation, processes, product formulations and recipes; glass control; procedures for receiving, storage, and shipping; labeling; and employee food and ingredient handling practices.

A slightly narrower but more developed approach based on 6 primary units is given by CFIA at -
http://www.inspectio...c1-2e.shtml#2.2

added - 11july,2014 - above link long gone, sorry

A - Premises
A 1 - Building Exterior
A 1.1 - Outside Property and Building
A 2 - Building Interior
A 2.1 - Design, Construction and Maintenance
A 2.2 - Lighting
A 2.3 - Ventilation
A 2.4 - Waste Disposal
A 2.5 - Inedible Areas
A 3 - Sanitary Facilities
A 3.1 - Employee Facilities
A 3.2 - Equipment Cleaning and Sanitizing Facilities
A 4 - Water/Ice/Steam Quality and Supply
A 4.1 - Water/Ice/Steam
B - Transportation, Receiving and Storage
B 1 - Transportation
B 1.1 - Food Carriers
B 1.2 - Temperature Control During Transportation
B 2 - Receiving and Storage
B 2.1 - Incoming Material Receiving and Storage
B 2.2 - Non-Food Chemical Receiving and Storage
B 2.3 - Finished Product Storage
C - Equipment
C 1 - General Equipment
C 1.1 - Equipment Design and Installation
C 1.2 - Equipment Maintenance and Calibration
D - Personnel
D 1 - Training
D 1.1 - General Food Hygiene Training
D 1.2 - Technical Training
D 2 - Hygiene and Health Requirements
D 2.1 - Cleanliness and Conduct
D 2.2 - Communicable Diseases and lnjuries
E - Sanitation and Pest Control
E 1 - Sanitation
E 1.1 - Sanitation Program
E 2 - Pest Control
E 2.1 - Pest Control Program
F - Recalls
F 1 - Recall System
F 1.1 - Recall Program
F 1.2 - Product Code Identification and Distribution details

The above is expanded into a 'checklist' (appendixII) at -
Attached File  Appendix_II_app2e.pdf   150.23KB   686 downloads
(11july2014, original link/file working)

And also a highly detailed generic operational evaluation program (AppendixV) at

11July2014, replaced broken pdf file -

Attached File  CFIA(2006) - Appendix V app5e.pdf   352.53KB   156 downloads

With great generosity, the site offers a bundle of its HACCP / Prerequisite procedures with the exception of the Appendices, see

11July2014, replaced broken file -

Attached File  CFIA(2006) - manual haccp, prereq.pdf   467.77KB   190 downloads

A third equally detailed treatment (also Canadian) is available via 3 links at the bottom of the page at

http://www.serviceon...glish/HACCP.htm

added - 11july,2014 - above link long gone, sorry

This approach divides the prerequisites into 4 groups -

Control Programs
The standards in the 'Control Programs' group outline the different types of control programs that an establishment must have in place. These would include sanitation, pest control and water treatment programs.

Training
The standards contained in the 'Training' group outline the training that must be delivered to employees.

Operational Controls
The standards contained in the 'Operational Controls' group outline the implementation of the written Control Programs. These operational controls ensure that the programs developed in the first group are being followed as written and intended, and are effective in maximizing food safety.

Environmental Controls
The 'Environmental Controls' group, outline the requirements for the establishment's interior and exterior design and construction, equipment and water supply.

The implementation is via first 2 links (also including HACCP details) while 3rd link gives short overview.

Rgds / Charles.C

Edited by Charles.C, 11 July 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

eddief
  • Inactive User
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

this has been useful, thanks

makkawi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sudan
    Sudan

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

It is very interesting, many thanks Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

this has been useful, thanks

Dear eddief,

I also congratulate you on yr searching capabilities :thumbup:

In fact the CFIA website remains a great store of QA documents, even though they seem to change their links every 6 months :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - 2 broken .pdf files now repaired

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users