• Quick Navigation
Photo

Control of Dressings and Plasters (band aids)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic
- - - - -

gmd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thank you David!! and yes we are being audited to V4 I am sure eventually we will get to V6.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

I have a few questions about controlling band aids and I need all of your help. We are a high risk food packaging manufacturer and are trying for certification to Issue 4.  We don't use metal detectors but if we had one and tested the band aids and recorded the lots and then trained our employees to alert management if one comes up missing - would this be enough as far as controlling the band aids? 

I appreciate your help! :helpplease:

gmd

'These shall be company issued and monitored when involved in work in contact with high-risk materials'.

So a log is also necessary. The best system I have seen also numbered the band aid when issued and logged so there was no doubt about who it was issued to or in the worst case who lost it.

Regards,

Tony

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thank you David!! and yes we are being audited to V4 I am sure eventually we will get to V6.

If you are a food packaging company version 4 is the latest edition of the BRC Food Packaging Standard.  David must be a food company that's why he is working to the BRC Food Standard version 6.  Sorry I'm anal. :bye:

'These shall be company issued and monitored when involved in work in contact with high-risk materials'.

So a log is also necessary. The best system I have seen also numbered the band aid when issued and logged so there was no doubt about who it was issued to or in the worst case who lost it.

Regards,

Tony

Good idea Tony. :clap:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Lexter Cruz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:FSSC22000, ISO 22000, ISO 90001, HACCP, ISO 17025, Continual Improvement, GSO and SASO, SFDA, Prerequisite Programs,Products Dairy, Dry Mixed Product, Dehydrated Culinary Product, Powdered Beverages, Milk, Pasteurized Fermented Milk, Ice Cream, ice Cream Mixes, Meat Processing, Poultry process, Research and Development on food products.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Hello to all,

YongYM,

Actually there is not GMP requirement directly mandated to "that workers with open cut / sore etc are not allowed to work in the processing are" what was the standards says is under:

ISO/TS 22002-1:2009(E) and PAS 220:2008 13.6 Illness and injuries

In food handling areas, personnel with wounds or burns shall be required to cover them with specified dressings. Any lost dressing shall be reported to supervision immediately. :smile: 

For you GMD, 

So in order to control it, aside we already issued a MEMO across the factory that all employee with open wounds or burns are not allowed to work as part of Administrative Control. I revised and included the checking of employee for the presence of such open wounds/burns/lesions and others in our Daily GMP Checklist which the responsibility of checking was given to all Line Quality Controller. The recorded violation were being report by Factory Hygienist on WOR (weekly operations review) with the Management  on a weekly basis. See column for Personal Hygiene.

Attached File  F-GMP-004 FORM.LINE QC DAILY GMP CHECKLIST- FINAL.xls   217.5KB   80 downloads

Hope this can help you.

Thanks,

Factory Hygienist  :x_smile: 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ruhama

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Lesotho
    Lesotho
  • Interests:I love God, I like Food Safety and Quality, I like watching Tyler Perry's Movies. Auditing and customers visits interests me a lot.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Dear all

Find the attached plaster register we are using in our factory.

Regards

Ruhama

Attached Files

Regards

Ruhama Thooko

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Highlands Trout (Pty) Ltd

Jehova Jire

laetitiapot

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

We have various colours of plasters here in South Africa but have also adopted the use of blue plasters. Our company is not large enough to use a metal detector but we have our registers in place

We prefer to have as many safety checks in place so all staff with any abrasions or cuts have to wear surgical gloves.Attached File  PLASTER REGISTER.pdf   394.23KB   52 downloads

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users