- - - - -

csd1_uk

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

Hi all, this is my first post on here and am looking for some quick help if possible.

As part of university we have been given 1.0 of BRC issue 4 (HACCP) we are then going to be given documentation that is covered by this section for us to audit.

The problem i have is that we dont know what these documents will be. Another problem is that i have never done any auditing at all in the past nor have a great knowledge of HACCP.

I was just wondering what documentation you would expect to see for this section, and are there any clauses you would have to actually be in the factory to audit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Just to add to this i am particularly interested in the 1.7 where it talks about assessment of risk, and all the sub clauses. Within this i am not sure what documentation is needed or how this would be proven.

Edited by csd1_uk, 13 May 2006 - 07:34 PM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

Can anyone help out here?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Brian Fowler

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:27 PM

Hi all, this is my first post on here and am looking for some quick help if possible.

As part of university we have been given 1.0 of BRC issue 4 (HACCP) we are then going to be given documentation that is covered by this section for us to audit.

The problem i have is that we dont know what these documents will be. Another problem is that i have never done any auditing at all in the past nor have a great knowledge of HACCP.

I was just wondering what documentation you would expect to see for this section, and are there any clauses you would have to actually be in the factory to audit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Just to add to this i am particularly interested in the 1.7 where it talks about assessment of risk, and all the sub clauses. Within this i am not sure what documentation is needed or how this would be proven.

Hi csd 1
You are attending the university to learn , not to have everything put onto a plate for you to copy.

You should reseach (using Google or your library for:- "codex alimentarius", "HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINT PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES by NATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON MICROBIOLOGICAL CRITERIA FOR FOODS." and "ISO 22000:2005"

Read and you will understand what is needed but it will be hard work! Did you listen to the lecture or does your tutor expect you to understand food risk without any pre-knowledge?

PS I have been working on this for over 50 years and still learning
Best wishes
Brian Fowler.

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

You are attending the university to learn , not to have everything put onto a plate for you to copy.

I quite agree with you Brian. No-one can condone copying / plagerism but lets try and guide CDS1_UK (strange name).

What I suggest is that you analyse each clause and look at what could be used to prove that the company has or has not done.

e.g. for section 1.1 you need documentary evidence to show management commitment. So senior management commitment could be demonstrated by a senior manager being on the HACCP team, statements regarding HACCP in the company's Quality Policy ( or similar ), HACCP being an agenda item in senior management meetings.

Now have a look at the other clauses and let us know what kind of things could demonstrate each clause.

Good luck

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users