Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:39 AM

Dear All,

If anyone is interested, I came across a huge data collection which was a result of a compilation from international literature regarding Salmonella spp, E.coli O157, L.monocytogenes in farm-to-retail locations for meat items although chicken figures seem to have been excluded. Tables 4, 8 and 12 (the last wrongly captioned I think) are for ready-to-eat products.
Among the highlights (to me) - not recomended to eat pork chorizo (?) in Mexico (T4).The Salmonella, E.coli O157, RTE results, eg for UK, USA look good numerically (ie on average) but such data is obviously overwhelmed in the event of specific outbreaks. The L.monocytogenes results are, perhaps not surprisingly, considerably more variable and suggest that the decision to set a non-zero tolerance would have surely been welcomed by the British pork sausage (T12) .
The link is Attached File  data_collection.pdf   173.66KB   46 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

Dear All,

If anyone is interested, I came across a huge data collection which was a result of a compilation from international literature regarding Salmonella spp, E.coli O157, L.monocytogenes in farm-to-retail locations for meat items although chicken figures seem to have been excluded. Tables 4, 8 and 12 (the last wrongly captioned I think) are for ready-to-eat products.
Among the highlights (to me) - not recomended to eat pork chorizo (?) in Mexico (T4).The Salmonella, E.coli O157, RTE results, eg for UK, USA look good numerically (ie on average) but such data is obviously overwhelmed in the event of specific outbreaks. The L.monocytogenes results are, perhaps not surprisingly, considerably more variable and suggest that the decision to set a non-zero tolerance would have surely been welcomed by the British pork sausage (T12) .

Rgds / Charles.C

It's all greek to me Charles. :dunno:
Can you explain to a layman what you mean about the British banger?

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Max

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Luxembourg
    Luxembourg

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:19 AM

Dear All,

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear Charles,

thanks for this very interesting document!!!

Regards,
Max

Regards,
Max

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

Dear Simon,

Look at table12 > Species > Pork > 13th Sample (shd = Sausages, UK) > %positive (=49)

Notice that the ref. is to Anon, possibly still recovering.

The Irish, Slovakian / Singaporean (mixture unknown ! ) ones did a lot better.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:49 AM

Dear Simon,

Look at table12 > Species > Pork > 13th Sample (shd = Sausages, UK) > %positive (=49)

Notice that the ref. is to Anon, possibly still recovering.

The Irish, Slovakian / Singaporean (mixture unknown ! ) ones did a lot better.

Thanks Charles, I was actually quite amazed when I looked at the 'meat' content of our tasty bangers, 20-30% is pretty much the norm, although I found some real tasy ones at Aldi that have 80% meat content. Mind you I don't know what constitutes meat...

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users