Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:02 AM

Packaging folks.

One of the weird and wonderful questions that can be found on Supplier QA Questionnaires is: Does your product contain GMO's?

Not always an easy one to answer, so to help I've attached a statement from The European Council of the Paint, Printing Ink and Artists‘ Colours Industry (CEPE), relating specifically to GMO's in printing inks.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:09 PM

Does your product contain GMO's ?

The answer is so simple. Yes, for sure it does :smarty: Detect the GMO's, come on :lol:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:55 AM

Revisiting this subject, as Franco had put it, the answer is so simple. Even if the printing ink contains GMO, it has no and (not supposed to) have direct contact with food. So, whats the issue anyway.

That issue being put away, I do sometimes come across bottled beverages with prinitng of "expiry date" at the area between the Cap and the Seal. This is done usually for additional product security but there may be a GMO issue when during consumption, the mouth may make contact with the seal ring that has non-approved ink on it.

Do you think there should be a concern or should manufacturer place their "mark" on the body of the packaging instead?

Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users