Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:07 AM

As part of our soon to be initiated healthy lifestyle - instigated by the Missus, I was sent out to source a Juicer. Typically I couldn't get a normal 'bog standard' juicer, it had to be top of the range, ultra powerful and have the best reviews. It's a man thing; we must always do our research thoroughly especially on new electrical purchases. B)

I decided that the ‘best juicer in the world' was a Breville Deluxe Juicer sponsored by Anthony Worrall Thompson, the beast has 450 watts of power and you can shove whole fruits in it (even apples), so no chopping…great! :thumbup:

I tried Argos, Index, and Dixons in the shopping mall and Comet and Currys in the retail park. All sold out! Incredibly the shelf price of £99 was the same in every store. :yeahrite:

I was a bit disappointed but wouldn't settle for an inferior product; and then Eureka! I'll try the internet. Put the search in google and up popped Amazon - Breville Deluxe Juicer delivered in two days for £83, stress free! How about that? :beer:

Anyone else got a juicer? We could compare performance.

Right I'm off to blitz some Granny Smiths!

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Puzzle

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Petrolhead, sleeping, too much food and many other items that are forgotten!!

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

Very nice.

But why? :uhm:

Oh yes, you have recently had a nasty scare with cartons :rolleyes:

rheath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:59 PM

I decided that the ‘best juicer in the world’ was a Breville Deluxe Juicer sponsored by Anthony Worrall Thompson, the beast has 450 watts of power and you can shove whole fruits in it (even apples), so no chopping…great!  :thumbup:

Surely you could have found a more Environmentally Friendly version than this.. :potplant: Think of the ozone whilst you are using your Turbo Juicer :whistle:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

Surely you could have found a more Environmentally Friendly version than this.. :potplant:  Think of the ozone whilst you are using your Turbo Juicer :whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest I hadn't consider the environmental implications of such a powerful juicer. It does blitz fruit and veg much quicker than a lower powered model so it may actually be more environmentally friendly. I wonder if there are any studies on this. :drool:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users