Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,

Unless you've never been here before, I'm sure you will have noticed the new forums skin, which now matches with the IFSQN.com website. The forums are also now properly integrated with the IFSQN.com website. It's been a long haul, but I believe it has been worth it. Please tell me if you don't agree. :unsure:

There are bound to be some problems, please let me know if you do spot any.

BTW you can choose to display your countries flag by editing your profile information. If you get stuck let me know.

Thank you.
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

BTW you can choose to display your countries flag by editing your profile information. If you get stuck let me know.

The forum looks good Simon, so much so that I thought I'd spruce up my profile with a nice patriotic flag, as I scrolled down to the UK I passed Scotland and Wales, as independance has become a hot topic I thought what could be better than a nice flag of St George ? So I scrolled back up to England...... well I would have done if it was there :uhm: Is this part of some fiendish EU plot to turn us tolerant English into Celts ? is merry England to become part of Scotland or God forbid Wales ? I guess not as Im sure it would have been on the front page of the Daily Mail by now.

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

The forum looks good Simon, so much so that I thought I'd spruce up my profile with a nice patriotic flag, as I scrolled down to the UK I passed Scotland and Wales, as independance has become a hot topic I thought what could be better than a nice flag of St George ? So I scrolled back up to England...... well I would have done if it was there :uhm: Is this part of some fiendish EU plot to turn us tolerant English into Celts ? is merry England to become part of Scotland or God forbid Wales ? I guess not as Im sure it would have been on the front page of the Daily Mail by now.

I'm sure it was just an oversight Mart......maybe you can have a county flag?

No point doing that for Wales...you'd never spell half of the counties!!!!

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

Yes I noticed that Mart, perhaps it's because we (English) don't get so hung up on all that. :biggrin:

The flag feature is not part of the standard software and is a modification. As such I think you get what you get. I will look into whether additional countries can be added.

Cheers,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

Dear Simon,

Very appealing. I believe the colour is what you call puce ?

Talking about flags, I'm still trying to work out why the customer (?) in the restaurant picture above the fork has got his arm halfway across the table, looks like a McHoldup.

Rgds Charles.C

PS Having a "hidden" preview option seems a bit strange??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Very appealing. I believe the colour is what you call puce ?

Erm I don't think so, isn't puce like mauve? OK which one of us is colour blind?

Talking about flags, I'm still trying to work out why the customer (?) in the restaurant picture above the fork has got his arm halfway across the table, looks like a McHoldup.

LOL Still not convinced are you. It's actually a transaction, the exchange of food for money, like in a supermarket. On a bigger image you can see clearly that Martha is serving Phillip with a hot dog; you can even see the numbers on the cash till. On the smaller image I agree it looks like a hot dog hold up. :thumbup:

PS Having a "hidden" preview option seems a bit strange??

Can you expand on this for me please Charles.

Regards,
Simon

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

Dear Simon,

I will investigate puce, I have a vague memory of a connection to blushing so u are prob. correct.
Ah I see the idea, I amped the pic.to 200% but still failed, hypermetropia I guess.

Re the "hidden preview" I am also bit puzzled. First time I added a reply I only got a box with "more options" on it which I somewhat nervously clicked and it led to the preview post box + others. However, subsequently the preview post box remained visible. strange. Maybe an (intentional?) bug or maybe my misusing the options.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Dear Simon,

I will investigate puce, I have a vague memory of a connection to blushing so u are prob. correct.
Ah I see the idea, I amped the pic.to 200% but still failed, hypermetropia I guess.

Re the "hidden preview" I am also bit puzzled. First time I added a reply I only got a box with "more options" on it which I somewhat nervously clicked and it led to the preview post box + others. However, subsequently the preview post box remained visible. strange. Maybe an (intentional?) bug or maybe my misusing the options.

Rgds / Charles.C

I'm not sure what you mean, I've not seen this, maybe if it happens again you could capture the screen image by pressing "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (usually somewhere around top right) and then paste the image into a word document that you could attached. A picture paints a thousand words as Tele Savalas once sung. :whistle:

Here is a large image, you can almost taste the hot dog.

Attached File  farm2fork.jpg   95.68KB   88 downloads

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

Dear Simon,

All said and done the forum looks good, refreshing I must say. Good work. :thumbup:

BR

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:25 PM

Dear Simon,

All said and done the forum looks good, refreshing I must say. Good work. :thumbup:

BR

A Sankara Narayanan

Thanks Sankara, I appreciate your feedback and am glad you like the new site design. I'd love to hear from other members, whether you like or don't like the new design. Also any ideas for further improvements are always welcome. :thumbup:

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users