• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:17 AM

Hi I am Justin Currie from South Africa:

I am a food technologist and HACCP subject matter expert to our team for past 3 years.

We implemented HACCP with zero training and got accreditation first time round with 3 findings. Our official training took place 18 months later and we stunned the facilitator with what we knew as well as teaching her a few things about HACCP she did not know. I got a distinction in the training.

Our info we got off the internet to enable us to implement HACCP.

I am in the bottling industry and we bottle liquor. The first thing I do when I get to work is taste product, brandies, wines or sherries....cool hey!

We wash second hand bottles on line using 80% second hand glass.

I also have my own website www.naturalselection.phpnet.us where you can read more about me. I have a lot of experience in all sorts of things so it might be intresting to some. I have developed an e book on CCP training with an African theme which might intrest a few people too.

Educating people in nutrition

www.naturalselection.phpnet.us

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

I am a food technologist and HACCP subject matter expert to our team for past 3 years.

We implemented HACCP with zero training and got accreditation first time round with 3 findings. Our official training took place 18 months later and we stunned the facilitator with what we knew as well as teaching her a few things about HACCP she did not know. I got a distinction in the training.

Our info we got off the internet to enable us to implement HACCP.

I am in the bottling industry and we bottle liquor. The first thing I do when I get to work is taste product, brandies, wines or sherries....cool hey!

We wash second hand bottles on line using 80% second hand glass.

I also have my own website www.naturalselection.phpnet.us where you can read more about me. I have a lot of experience in all sorts of things so it might be intresting to some. I have developed an e book on CCP training with an African theme which might intrest a few people too.

Hello Justin, thanks for introducing yourself; it is always nice to know a little more about the background of members. We have at least one member from your industry who may want to share ideas with you.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:53 PM

I am in the bottling industry and we bottle liquor.

Hi Justin,

I am Franco from Italy and I am into the spirits business too.

Welcome to SDF.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Justin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Great Franco, nice to see someone who can relate to my field.

By way of interest, do you use pycnometers for alcohol determination, if so I have developed a pycnometer calculator ( an excel application) and we use it all over in our company now. It drastically reduces errors from the manual calculation method. I used it successfully with using a glass bottle and accuracy was less than 1% and this is for the home distiller.

Accuracy with pycnometers is of course much closer.

The application is available for download from my site if you wish as well as how to use it for the home distiller.

Be warned, the application has a makro which is not a virus in case your computer picks it up.

Educating people in nutrition

www.naturalselection.phpnet.us

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users