vbutler

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hello All

BRC - so far i have the global standard for Food January 2005 - am currently working through the 6 sections -drawing up the paper work side of things - I have a preliminary audit due 12th April - i know this sounds like a silly question but what is the next step after that - do BRC have auditors directly employed that then validate the system? What if these guys find a significant number of things wrong do i then have another 6 months to action these issues? and they return to audit ? Any help regarding the correct procedure would be great!

One last question the Quality Manaual consists of all policies and procedures ? Am i correct ?

vb
(confused) :dunno:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

BRC - so far i have the global standard for Food January 2005 - am currently working through the 6 sections -drawing up the paper work side of things - I have a preliminary audit due 12th April - i know this sounds like a silly question but what is the next step after that - do BRC have auditors directly employed that then validate the system? What if these guys find a significant number of things wrong do i then have another 6 months to action these issues? and they return to audit ? Any help regarding the correct procedure would be great!

When you say preliminary audit do you mean like a pre-assessment??? If so they carry out the pre-assessment and tell you what you need to put right then X number of weeks later you have your Certification Audit proper; provided you have addressed the nonconformities identified at the pre assessment getting the Certificate is a forgone conclusion. The pre assessment is like a dress rehearsal.

For the BRC Food and Packaging Standards reaudit is 6 months after the initial certification audit. If no major nonconformities are found at this first reaudit then the frequency is upped to 12 months. If a major nonconformity is found at any audit the frequency reverts to 6 months until a subsequent audit confirms no major nonconformities.

However, having said that I've just had a thought; I'm sure all major nonconformities have to be addressed and verified before certification is awarded and cannot just be left until the next audit. It's late and I may be confusing myself here - can somebody help me?

One last question the Quality Manaual consists of all policies and procedures ? Am i correct ?
vb
(confused) :dunno:

Yes I think that would be quite OK.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:10 AM

Dear Val,

If you try googling for ISO9k quality manuals, you will readily find some examples / tips for the policy part although the procedural aspect tends to be a bit more difficult (if you've done ISO you'll know all this already of course).
I think there is also a dwlable example on this forum in the documents archive, certainly for hygiene procedures and packaging HACCP + one business-related QMS from memory.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hi Val

This can be the case but sometimes your manual can get very thick, and unusable. It depends on the size and complexity of your organisation. Our Quality Manual contains our policy against each clause of the BRC (or IFS in our case) and reference to where more detailed procedures are held. If we have a procedure which does not fall into another areas departmental manual then we tend to be placed in the Quality Manual. The main thing is that you can easily get hold of all procedures.

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

vbutler

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hello

Thank you all so much for the info and advice , am dealing with a few bert and ernie's (muppet show for those who are not fans) on site who presume to know everything about BRC so its great to receive an accurate game plan.

Again thanks

val butler :thumbup:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

Hello

Thank you all so much for the info and advice , am dealing with a few bert and ernie's (muppet show for those who are not fans) on site who presume to know everything about BRC so its great to receive an accurate game plan.

Again thanks

val butler :thumbup:

Hey Val don't kermit to anything with Bert and Ernie, stick with us on here. :biggrin: In other words; come back whenever you get stuck and we'll try and help you.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users