• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:01 AM

Several tests have taken place to see if this process works and all have been successful.

Hi All,
I would like to take this unfinished business a step further now that the "storm " has some what quiet down and all seems forgotten.

Exhibit "A" clearly showed us how laxed the production operating system of this Manufacturer is. This area concerns the "pre-requisite programs" that we have just starting to explore in the subject of DIS 22000. Therefore I shall not further discuss this issue here.

However, on the other hand, the most important post non-conformance action was not pursued by the manufacturer in his reply to Simon :uhm:

Shall we talk about "ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS". I hope to assume that they had done the Corrective Action upon receiving Simon's Complaint but really, when some one makes a complaint to the Q. Manager about a flawed product, he should immediately point his attention towards a root cause analysis.......followed by the reason(s) for the non-compliance and .......followed by preventative action(s) again recurrences.

All these were not contained in the reply to Simon who deserves a better reply than what he had got. Or, should he as a consumer deserves so much details in a reply as afterall the flawed product could have been a potential threat to his life OR in future, potentially some else's.

As a client / customer, I shall not accept such a watered down reply that seems to suggest that all customer complaints are nuisance. I would demand for a root cause analysis and would like to know what has been done to ensure that buying the same product brand would be safe.

Is anybody going through a C. Complaint right now? I am dealing with one and I am expecting the supplier to give me full details as per above.

CHeers
Charles CHew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:17 AM

Correct Charles, I doubt very much they got down to the root cause in 'Exhibit A', unless of course they did, but just didn't want to tell me.

Has anyone got a good process description for carrying out a root cause analysis?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

Has anyone got a good process description for carrying out a root cause analysis?

Better still - has anyone got a good root cause analysis procedure cum report that we can discuss in this forum. I am sure these "fellas" of "exhibit A" are probably browsing our forum to pick up a thing or two......why not.

Charles CHew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

majedd

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:34 AM

Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum and i find it very interesting and helpful.:clap:

With regards to the "Exhibit A" i would just like to know if this defect will have a food safety impact on the product.

Isn't there any draft on the ISO 2200 so that one can look at it and be prepared once it is officially released.

Reagrds
Majed

Attached Files

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:38 PM

Majed,

On theory, the attached is super for knowledge. But what really is a root cause analysis. It is basically finding out the source of the problem and evaluate it for confirmation as well as the risk level and if it justifies to proceed to the next level i.e. to invoke the Product Recall Committee.....thats it. We really do not want to make it anymore complicated than it is.

But really, you would want to trim the "fat" and get it down to simplicity. Imagine, you have a response time to assess a risk say within 1 day.........would you be able to do it?

Regards
Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:26 PM

Better still - has anyone got a good root cause analysis procedure cum report that we can discuss in this forum. I am sure these "fellas" of "exhibit A" are probably browsing our forum to pick up a thing or two......why not.

Hi Charles,

I tried a couple of times as a consumer by email.

I've never got any reply with a RCA :angry:

I doubt they know what a RCA is :crybaby:

I totally agree with your position and in former times I thought I was alone.

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:17 PM

Hi Franco,

I think Majed's Root Cause Analysis is really interesting for knowledge. On the other hand, I personally feel common sense prevails in most cases.

I had a C. Complaint to handle recently and it concerned the "screw top cap" which was somewhat incompatible with the bottle closure section. Obviously, it leaked.

Although, this is clearly a "quality issue", we had to report back to the customer to justify the root cause and of course the corrective / preventative action.

Since this issue concerned a packaging material item, surely, we would not focus our root cause analysis on say "Pest Control" or CCP Monitoring or otherwise but instead on Material Receipt.

By the way, should a Root Cause Analysis be done ahead of a Hazard / Risk Assessment or the other way round :uhm:

Regards
Charles CHew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users