• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:04 PM

Hi,
Just would like to share idea. Is internal audit mandatory in Codex HACCP ? Last seven year internal audit was not serious topic in HACCP Audit. Nowadays, because of better management system knowledge of auditor, most auditor request previous customer perform internal audit. Is it fair for customer ( same CODEX 1987 , different auditor , same CB )
I know that it is good praqctice to verify by internal audit, But if we are discuss on CODEX guildline. What is your idea.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

Hi,

Mandatory :uhm: Not that I know of the last time I checked. Interesting question. Personally, if I have nothing to audit internally and everything is going well :uhm: what is there to audit internally.

Arguably, some may say that I. Audit is a tonic for continuous improvements or perhaps a form of assessment to "warn" us of some thing that may not be going right. Unlike, Personnel Training or Sanitation (required by Codex), I. Audit really has NO direct function to the Food Safety Program apart from being a form of score sheet evaluation to tell us whether the HACCP system is adequate.

If there are no non-conformances, the system must be doing well.......right :thumbup: I know I am to get shot down here for making this statement but what the heck :thumbdown:

Say, a HACCP Program has not been I.Audited at all ten comes the E. Auditor who insists that there is a non-conformance for not pursuing an I. Audit....is the auditor right :dunno: My personal opinion is the auditor is wrong.

Result of E. Audit - only one deviation. No I. Audit :roflmao: I am with you - Vipatikom

CharlesChew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

JV.Legal.Alliance

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

Hi,
Thank for your comment. I try to read all of COdex guideline ( Not requirement ) . I can not find the word INTERNAL audit, I found only audit in the clause regarding verification. Besides outsource technical expert can be used in HACCP team. CB audit is one kind of audit. It is not mandatory as 8.2.2 of ISO 9000 requirement. CB audit is one way to verify integrity of HACCP Plan.
Talk about ISO 14oo1:200x , in Annex, outsourse can be used to perform internal audit on behalf of organization.
That is the reason why i talk to my audittee that Once you broaden your management system to concern quality point as required by ISO 9000 that is mandatory to perform internal audit.
I am waiting to hear other auditor out there.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users