• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

Dear all,
I am working in a food processing company .Can anyone of you tell me whether I will have a CCP if I strictly follow all Sop's. From receiving till packing I am taking care of all points for example I am purchasing only from an approved supplier, I take all measures to prevent cross contamination, I am cooking the product upto to the required cooking temperature etc...
In that case do i have to consider Cooking as a CCP. will there be any HACCP System without CCP's.?

Thank u all in advance.

MartLgn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 155 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:48 AM

Hi Viky :welcome:

Can anyone of you tell me whether I will have a CCP if I strictly follow all Sop's. From receiving till packing

Without knowing more about your processes it is impossible to say, however the point of HACCP is that you carry out an assesment so that your company is able to answer that question. By following the HACCP methodology and answering the questions in the determination process you should be able to figure out if you have any CCP's in your operation.

Having said that it is almost certain that the cooking step will indeed be a CCP.

will there be any HACCP System without CCP's.?

It is technically possible to have no CCP's in a HACCP study providing your GMP systems and Prerequisites are in place and being followed correctly. Again the only way to know for sure is to carry out the HACCP assesment. From your initial introduction it sounds as though you have a good grasp of GMP and prerequisites so I would get on with assembling a group to perform a HACCP study on your operation.

Hope this is some use.

Why put off until tomorrow that which you can avoid doing altogether ?

hacked

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

HACCP assessment is always a good practice to prevent problems in the future. now if during the assessment you find gaps in the system, you may want to review the SOPs if these gaps are already answered in the procedure.

assimilating the world

Prashanna

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:06 AM

Dear Viky
:welcome:
CCP is the final step to control, prevent and eliminate the food hazards , this basically depends on type of food production and identified harzards

Reg
Prashanna

Edited by Simon, 03 July 2007 - 05:29 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Dear Viky,

Is the cooking step to produce a ready-to-eat food (RTE) ?

If so, MartLgn is surely correct. In addition but depending on yr process it is quite likely that some of the directly following steps may be CCPs also.

Can try - http://www.cfsan.fda...mm/haccp4p.html

also see Chs.12, 1-3 et al.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

charlorne

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:ISO 22000:2005<br />HACCP<br />GMP<br />ISO 9001<br />ISO 14001

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

Viky

Yes it is possible to have a HACCP plan without CCPs .. but you will have to be very dilligent when conducting the hazard analysis and of course with the enforcement of control measures that you have through the RAPs and SOPs.

Charlorne

BeautyFoo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:54 AM

since you already have cooking in your process, and cooking is easy to monitor and control. why don't you just set it as a ccp? it is easy for you to answer your auditor too.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Viky

Yes it is possible to have a HACCP plan without CCPs .. but you will have to be very dilligent when conducting the hazard analysis and of course with the enforcement of control measures that you have through the RAPs and SOPs.

Charlorne

Can you confirm the meaning of RAP's for me please Charlorne.

Tks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Gavinova

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Japan
    Japan

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Dear all,
I am working in a food processing company .Can anyone of you tell me whether I will have a CCP if I strictly follow all Sop's. From receiving till packing I am taking care of all points for example I am purchasing only from an approved supplier, I take all measures to prevent cross contamination, I am cooking the product upto to the required cooking temperature etc...
In that case do i have to consider Cooking as a CCP. will there be any HACCP System without CCP's.?

Thank u all in advance.

It is, I guess, possible for companies to identify no CCP's after their hazard evaluation but rare. Depends on a lot of things. Following stages of production, experience, risk level, AW, PH, intended use, information gathering etc. It is almost impossible to say without being able to audit your company!

Cooking and metal check steps of production are usually designated CCP’s for processing companies in the food chain. Sometimes cooling stages. Best to use the CCP decision tree or develop a logical methodology for selecting CCPs if you are in doubt, rather than just guessing.

If your PRP's are strong then you lower the likelihood of introducing hazards in general into the work environment. However despite this you may need to control identified hazards via HACCP plans because of law, supplier or customer request, potential severity of hazard or likelihood of occurrence.

In regard to your last question, I guess you would have a HA system instead of a HACCP system!

Sankara narayanan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 159 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

As I understand, SOPs(Standard Operating Procedures)are the stepping stones on which you cement your process. Identifying and addressing a CCP is a different ball game altogether. After going through
these, did you get your answer Viky?

Best Regards

A Sankara Narayanan

A.Sankara Narayanan

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

In regard to your last question, I guess you would have a HA system instead of a HACCP system!

I like it Gavinova, I like it. :clap:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users