goodtea

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

Dear Simon or other professionals,
Do you have or use some kind of special database used for define the limited index and benchmarking with the best practice, such database is established by a special association, it can collect related haccp information and data(such as the limited index, analytic tech method etc.)according to some kind of defined form and put into the computer to form the database, then make out some statistic report and benchmarking trend sheet for its suppliers/customers. I know, TL9000 has such a database for all of the certified organization. It's website www.questforum.org.
I want to know if there's some kind of database for dairy industry or other food industry to help them to track and support for their special food safety management system establishment and development, not just only for some general basic knowledge about haccp theory and principle.
Best Regards,
Goodtea
:uhm:

Edited by goodtea, 28 October 2004 - 09:23 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:35 PM

The World Health Organization compiled a database of microbiological specifications. Is it the sort of thing you are talking about?

http://www.euro.who....ical/20020418_5

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

goodtea

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:01 AM

The World Health Organization compiled a database of microbiological specifications.  Is it the sort of thing you are talking about?

http://www.euro.who....ical/20020418_5

Regards,
Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Simon,
Thank you very much for your information. But I want to dig more deeply. As we know, such as dairy industry, from the establishment of HACCP/food safety management system to its continuous improvement, we need a lot of information about hazards identification, risk evaluation, risk management and risk communication etc. If there's a database that can locate all of these information and provide a benchmarking for different levels/kinds dairy manufacturers, it wil be very helpful. Such as arranging the database according to the dairy flow chain, from cow feeding, to milk processing, to milk products delivery, to table..., all of the hazards database, ccp database, limited index database, analytic method database... etc can be collected, monitored, and fed back along the dairy flow chain. In my imagination, if we have such a database, it will be very helpful for keeping our food safety system effectivley.
I don't whether my idea is foolish or not. ;)

Regards,
Goodtea

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:29 PM

Your idea is definitely not foolish my friend. You have some really creative ideas going on and I'm sure such a database would be a superb tool for the dairy industry. It could even be enlarged to cover the whole of the food industry.

The problem is it would take a lot of work initially designing the database and collating / validating the data. Getting people to contribute information is very difficult and time-consuming and then there's the small matter of keeping it up to date. It sounds like a full time job for at least a couple of people to me and the big question is who's going to pay for it.

Despite the negatives in principle it's a tremendous idea. Is it something you're thinking of doing?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Amor Jasmine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:00 PM

The problem is it would take a lot of work initially designing the database and collating / validating the data.  Getting people to contribute information is very difficult and time-consuming and then there's the small matter of keeping it up to date.  It sounds like a full time job for at least a couple of people to me and the big question is who's going to pay for it.

Yes, Simon is right. In any industry benchmarking is an ideal thing to do. However, it will entail lots of effort, time and money. Marketing researchers do this for a COST. There are some site I have seen, but I found it very difficult to get through because of long series of questions that they ask for you to be able to be registered as a member who would like to undergo for benchmarking.

I myself would really like this kind of information. This will be great information for companies which would go for continual improvement program.

Good point tea (by the way, I like green tea) ;) On the other hand, how can this be feasible?

Do you have any plans of making this possible?

:uhm:
Amor Jasmine

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users