• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

Dear All:

We are facing problem with one raw ingredient made the physical properties of product totally changed. Becuase this ingredient still has enzyme exist in their product and that amylase was chemically reacting within the food product.

Have anyone experienced this problem before? We thought about to prevent this problem by looking at each ingredient one by one and make sure from supplier side that they do deactivate enzyme in finished product, however, what sources we could find out what potential problem may cause this happen to our product. Since we have more than 100 ingredients currently in use. And since we often learn by experience and mistake but we like to see if other ingredients might have potential to cause other problem as well.

Please kindly advise. Your comment is much appreciate.

Jenny :helpplease:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

BUMP: Can anyone help Jenny out with this query.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

P Ashley

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

i encountered a similar problem. Because amylase breaks down starch we were having problems associated with a stabiliser namely maize starch. Because enzymes are denatured by heat the problems were identified as a reaction between raw onions and the starch. Because we could not remove the raw onions we were able to find an alternative clean starch product which solved our problems.
Without knowing what your product is or the ingredients it would be difficult to suggest any remedies but please reply and i may be able to offer some advice.
Thanks,
Paul

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users