• 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Hello!

I got the follwing information:

The BRC will continue to recognise the BRC Global Standard – Food (Issue 4) and the BRC Global Standard – Food Packaging & Other Packaging Materials (Issue 3) until 30 June 2008.
After this date all new audits must be against the Global Standard for Food Safety (Issue 5) and the Global Standard for Packaging & Packaging Materials (Issue 3)

regards
Roland

Edited by RKruell, 23 November 2007 - 12:55 PM.

Herzliche Grüße aus der Kurpfalz

Roland

Jan Verhoeven

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Food safety

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hello,

Yes I can confirm the message regarding the BRC-Food Standard, but I am not sure about the date you mention with regard to the new BRC/IoP standard - I was asked to translate both standards to Dutch.

Regards

Jan@foodfocus.nl

RKruell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Hello Jan!

I found this at the BRC Website:

To allow time for retailers, producers and certification bodies to become fully familiar with the new requirements and for the BRC to develop their support and infrastructure the BRC will not recognise certification against the revised Standard for six months after it is formally published. Certification against Issue 3 will not commence until 1st July 2008. This will be published as a requirement in the Standard.

regards
Roland

Roland

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

Roland & Jan, the return of two of my oldest friends in one day...it must be nearly Christmas. :biggrin:

Thanks for the update Roland. The six months grace will provide BRC/IOP users with some comfort to implement the huge changes contained in version 3 of the standard. :rolleyes:

How about EN 15593 - is there any further news on the 'European' Packaging Standard Roland?

Jan, I am working with a Dutch company on the translation of the saferpak hygiene training materials - do you see much call for it?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RKruell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:43 AM

How about EN 15593 - is there any further news on the 'European' Packaging Standard Roland?

Hello Simon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
EN 15593

Packaging - Management of hygiene in the production of
packaging for foodstuffs - Requirements
Emballages - Management de l'hygiène dans la fabrication
des emballages destinés aux denrées alimentaires -
Exigences
Verpackung - Hygienemanagement bei der Herstellung von
Lebensmittelverpackungen - Anforderungen

This standard is ready now. It is in status "Formal Vote" that means the national standard organisations, like BSI, DIN and so on, has to say "accepted" or "not accepted". There is a great acceptance!
The standard will released in early 2008

EN 15593 is very interesting for companies which have requirements to have a hygienesystem, but no reqiurements for BRC/IoP.
The reason is, it is a european standard and not a standard of british retailers.

As an auditor I have some companies that will change from BRC/IoP to EN 15593 and one company which will have both, BRC/IoP and EN 15593.

Best regards
Roland

Roland

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:27 AM

Hello Simon!

EN 15593

Packaging - Management of hygiene in the production of
packaging for foodstuffs - Requirements
Emballages - Management de l'hygiène dans la fabrication
des emballages destinés aux denrées alimentaires -
Exigences
Verpackung - Hygienemanagement bei der Herstellung von
Lebensmittelverpackungen - Anforderungen

This standard is ready now. It is in status "Formal Vote" that means the national standard organisations, like BSI, DIN and so on, has to say "accepted" or "not accepted". There is a great acceptance!
The standard will released in early 2008

EN 15593 is very interesting for companies which have requirements to have a hygienesystem, but no reqiurements for BRC/IoP.
The reason is, it is a european standard and not a standard of british retailers.

As an auditor I have some companies that will change from BRC/IoP to EN 15593 and one company which will have both, BRC/IoP and EN 15593.

Best regards
Roland

Thanks for the interesting update Roland. I think maybe I will set up a separate forum here specifically for EN 15593, perhaps made up of sub forums so that discussions can take place in English, French and German. What do you think?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RKruell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:42 PM

I think maybe I will set up a separate forum here specifically for EN 15593, perhaps made up of sub forums so that discussions can take place in English, French and German. What do you think?

Hi Simon!

That is a good idea!

If you have the sub forums, I will inform my auditor colleagues and some hygienemanager about this.

Regards
Roland

Roland

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users