Penard

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 171 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France
  • Interests:Literature : novels, Sci-Fi, thrillers; Rowing; Personal and Professional travels

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:20 PM

Dear all,

What are the main differences between EFSIS and BRC? A colleague of mine read these 2 quality systems are similar, but I don't know these 2 ones. Could someone explain it to me in few words please?

Regards,

Emmanuel.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

Dear Emmanuel,

Not sure this qualifies as a few words but .........-

Haven't checked the most recent data but as of March 2007, seems the practical difference (with respect to the BRC standard) should be zero. See this thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...amp;#entry14963

Perhaps one of our current muliti-standard users could correct me if anything has changed :welcome:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Jarve

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:27 AM

They used to be different, EFSIS had a few more requirements, but now they are the same. EFSIS as such is no more and is now known as SAI Global, and are purely an auditing body who can give accreditation to BRC standards.

Penard

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 171 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• France
    France
  • Interests:Literature : novels, Sci-Fi, thrillers; Rowing; Personal and Professional travels

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:12 PM

ok, thank you all!

So can we "assess" Efsis will still exist in the next few years?

regards,

Emmanuel.

James Chen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:25 AM

EFSIS is the name of a CB specialing in food safety certification,such as BRC ,IFS etc.EFSIS is now a specialty brand of SAI GLoBAL.EFSIS has many own standards very like BRC.So maybe there is much difference between BRC and EFSIS standard, but EFSIS standards varies with different scale companies and different kinds of foods.

chen_zhigui@msn.com.

Glad to talk about food safety with you all friends here.

Esther

• IFSQN Member
  • 232 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain
  • Interests:Local and international food law; food industrial processes; food safety management systems;GMP; lean manufacturing; share knowledge

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

14 February 2008

Dear Penard

EFSIS standard and BRC standard are the same; in fact, EFSIS , a certification body, has wholly reproduced the BRC standard.

In the past, EFSIS had its own standard; later on EFSIS was involved in the work to develop the first BRC standard. Since they, both, agree with all the points and issues needed for inspection and certification, their standars state the same.

sincerely
Esther

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

My experience too. EFSIS (or SAI Global) are just the certification body and BRC is the standard. You can use other certification bodies, EFSIS seem to be the most widely used in chilled food in the UK though. Apart from that then the only other consideration is how rigorously the standard will be applied - I've found recently that EFSIS auditors have got tougher which is no bad thing. It used to be you could distract them in a second (not of course that any of us are that underhand...)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users