- - - - -

Lion Maru

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:30 AM

ISO Working Group 8 have released a first draft ISO/PDTS 22011(PD stands for published document TS for Technical specification) for development. Publication is expeceted at the same time as ISO 22000. Current title is Food safety management systems — Guidelines for certification against
ISO 22000:200x.

Draft is 30 pages long and is broken up as follows:

Foreword
Introduction
Scope
Normative References
Definitions
Accreditation
Certification contract
Auditor qualifications, training, experience and competencies
Audit and audit report
Management of certification
Annex A (normative) Product categories
Annex B (informative) Example of rules for granting product categories to auditors
Bibliography

The development of this document was agreed at the December meeting of the WG. In case anyone missed it I've repeated the content of the last message I gave on ISO 22000 below.

Update on ISO 22000.

Working group 8 - who are developing 22000 met on the 13th, 14th and 15th December 2004 and discussed the various comments submitted on the draft. A follow up meet is due to talk place on the 13th and 14th January 2005 after that the Final Draft should be issued to ISO Central Secretariat for voting.

'Headlines' from the meeting:
· Use of infrastructure and maintenance PRPs and operational PRPs
· Number of "legs"
· Clarification concerning operational PRPs and CCPs
· Validation and verification of PRPs
· Alignment with Codex
· Improvement and simplification of language
· Small businesses
· The concept of risk
· New definitions
· Clause orders in 8
· Keep the standard as a management standard - not a food standard
· The standard should be more process oriented to be consistent with ISO 9001
· Retailer acceptance important
· EU regulation should not be repeated
· More general approach - the standard should be suitable for all kinds of organizations in the food chain
· Annex A - publish a separate document
· Move some text from Annex A to main document if a separate document is published
· New figures

Changes to the following clauses were agreed upon:
· 1 Scope
· 2 Normative references (no changes)
· 4 Food safety management system
· 5 Management responsibility
· 6 Resource management
· 7.3 Preliminary steps to enable hazard analysis
· 7.4 Hazard analysis
· 8 Validation, verification and improvement of the food safety management system (except first sentence of 8.1)

Other clauses will be discussed in Jan. I understand principles have already been agreed on a number of the comments in smaller working groups.

The retailer acceptance of ISO 22000 was discussed. It was mentioned that two out of three key elements are fulfilled according to GFSI requirements (management and HACCP) but requirements concerning GMPs are not sufficient. Drafting technical specifications concerning GMP, GAP etc, may solve this.

The Working Group will be presenting to GFSI in Rome in February.

Besides development of ISO 22000 it was agreed that certification schemes, auditor qualifications etc. should be developed. A first draft for a future work item is being put together.

It was decided that Annex A is to be converted into an ISO Technical Specification (ISO/TS 22002). The content of TS 22002 will concentrate on interpretation of ISO 22000, guidance on how to use it, indirect suppliers of the food chain, small- and medium sized businesses and examples illustrating the flexibility of ISO 22000. Japan is leading the drafting of the TS. The deadline for publication is the same as for ISO 22000 (September 2005).

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:42 PM

ISO Working Group 8 have released a first draft ISO/PDTS 22011(PD stands for published document TS for Technical specification) for development.  Publication is expeceted at the same time as ISO 22000.  Current title is Food safety management systems — Guidelines for certification against
ISO 22000:200x.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Needless to say it' copyrighted, isn't it :oops: ?

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Lion Maru

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

Needless to say it' copyrighted, isn't it  :oops: ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know the other day I was talking to someone who seemd to think that until it reaches DIS stage an ISO document isn't actually under copyright.... :dunno:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

ISO Working Group 8 have released a first draft ISO/PDTS 22011(PD stands for published document TS for Technical specification) for development.  Publication is expeceted at the same time as ISO 22000.  Current title is Food safety management systems — Guidelines for certification against ISO 22000:200x.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know this is a bit of a dopey question but how do the TC decide the numbering of documents - why specifically "11'? Has it got anything to do with EN45011? :oops:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:15 AM

I know this is a bit of a dopey question but how do the TC decide the numbering of documents - why specifically "11'? Has it got anything to do with EN45011? :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid once upon a time there was an ISO rule for standard numbering but as the actual number was increasing steeply ... they decided that there would be no rule at all :uhm:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:19 AM

I see - perhaps the '11' in EN45011, ISO 19011 and ISO/PDTS 22011 is just coincidence.

It's snowing here today Franco. :shades:

Regards,
Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Lion Maru

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:21 AM

The auditor qualifications standard for ISO 9000 used to be ISO 10011 and the standard for Envinromental Auditors used to be ISO 14011. With the issue of ISO 9000: 2000 they pulled the requirements togther to make ISO 19011 - so the "11" seems to be associated with auditor qualifications.

On the other hand EN 45011 is the European standard for "bodies operating product certification systems" - so I guess it has an association but in fact EN 45011 is just the European implentation of ISO Guide 62.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:38 PM

Its definitely, probably, maybe not significant. I was just curious.

Thanks,
Simon

Amor Jasmine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:40 AM

Hi Simon and hello to all!

Isn't right to say that numbering of these standards or guidelines must have a system like the science in numbering the books in the library?

I think it makes sense if it is about auditing... the last number used was always ...11, then this 22011, is for Food Safety Auditing...hmmm But why is it in 9001, it was not numbered as 9011, instead 10011. There should be some consistency in this aspect because they are dealing with standards. Anyone who can comment on this?

I just read in the Entrepreneurs Magazine where they featured Chinese businessmen, 11 and 22 are the lucky numbers in numerology. Bill Gates got 22 in his name...I just dont know if TC people believe the same...
:)

Anyway, I am very interested in ISO 22000. Please keep us posted about this matter.

Anyone who would like to be part of the pool of speakers in Southeast Asia about Food Safety Management System, HACCP, ISO 9001 related to food chain...please email me...We are conceptualizing an event soon! Let us stay connected...

Thanks and have a nice day!

Edited by Amor Jasmine, 27 January 2005 - 02:09 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users