• Quick Navigation
Photo

Would you put IFSQN Membership on you CV or Resume?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic
- - - - -

kanyisa

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Good idea Simon

I support it

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

hi,

I always read posts and always ask questions. I use posts here to improve my work and knowledge. But I never wrote any answer. Am I eligible to be a certified member?

Rudra

Dear Rudra,

I expect Simon will respond to yr query  but, in advance, are you already aware of this (business? :smile: ) opportunity –

Main page > forum "Welcome to IFSQN", > sub-forum, “News, Information & Support”  > topic, “About the IFSQN Certificate of Contribution”  > click

(can try -  http://www.ifsqn.com...f-contribution/  but it sometimes gave a cross-linked page for me :smile: ).

The fact is that any forum is a 2-way project.

Without people like yourself who ask plenty of questions, there simply would be no forum. And the same for the many generous and amazing people here who continually share their knowledge, experience and practical tips in response. :thumbup: :clap: :beer:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

mesophile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 142 thanks
Good

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Twitter @DSi77

Chartered Scientist (CSci)
    Member of IFST (MIFST)
    Avid guitar player, dog walker and fitness trainer.
    I love reading, and learning about new fields in food science and technology.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi All,

I put the IFSQN on my CV. I used it to assist in getting my current job.

It would be really good (hint, hint) if the IFSQN was approved by one or more professional body, as this would cirtainly add prowess, for example:

The International Association for Food Protection (IAFP)

The International Food Information Council (IFIC)

The Institute for Food Safety and Health (IFSH)

The Society for Applied Microbiology (SfAM)

The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)

The ISEKI-Food Association (IFA)

The British Nutrition Foundation (BNF)

The Nutrition Society

What do you all think?

Thanks

Simon

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

As Charles mentioned check the Certificate of Contribution topic and if you are eligible feel free to request one.  It may take me a couple of day's to get  around to it, but i will be done.

@Simon

Approve for what?  Can you expand a little mate.

Thanks,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

Dear Simon,

I would also like to point out that a certain amount of, say, anonymity, is sometimes desired when posting in the area of QA and Food Safety (on this side of the pond anyway) as the US seems to be going through the Food Safety turmoil Europe went through ages ago.  I say this in regard  to an “ethic” that is loyal to the principles of food safety and systems that support them and under, perhaps, senior management that cannot commit to the walk not-so-much.

And if anyone searches not-to-hard, my anonymity is blown anyhow.

Raise your hands those who have had this experience (or have felt the pressure)….

Transparency, we have nothing to lose and all to gain: IFSQN has been a great resource of sharing of the immediate desperate need and the far reaching principles to help us all.

My 2 pence for the pot. No “IFSQN Cert” needed. I just hang out and help when I can.

Cheers,

-B

Edited by baron, 09 July 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Rudra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius
  • Interests:Music, reading, surfing, cinema, beach, exercises

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hi Valued members,

I am planning to leave my present job as it is not chanlleging:-)

I am writing my CV, can I write something about this forum on my cv?

Regards,

Shakti

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

hi,

I always read posts and always ask questions. I use posts here to improve my work and knowledge. But I never wrote any answer. Am I eligible to be a certified member?

Rudra

By the way Rudra, you are eligible, whether you ask or answer questions once you reach the requisite number of posts you can request the relevant certificate of contribution.  If you woud like one send me a personal message with your full name and I wil get it for you.

Regards,

Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Dear Simon,

I would also like to point out that a certain amount of, say, anonymity, is sometimes desired when posting in the area of QA and Food Safety (on this side of the pond anyway) as the US seems to be going through the Food Safety turmoil Europe went through ages ago.  I say this in regard  to an “ethic” that is loyal to the principles of food safety and systems that support them and under, perhaps, senior management that cannot commit to the walk not-so-much.

And if anyone searches not-to-hard, my anonymity is blown anyhow.

Raise your hands those who have had this experience (or have felt the pressure)….

Transparency, we have nothing to lose and all to gain: IFSQN has been a great resource of sharing of the immediate desperate need and the far reaching principles to help us all.

My 2 pence for the pot. No “IFSQN Cert” needed. I just hang out and help when I can.

Cheers,

-B

Yes, this!  :thumbup:  

I have been pleased with what I have found here. People asking for clarification on a wide vareity of topics and getting answers from knowledgeable people in the same area. 

But a bit of anonymity can be good when asking the "I know I SHOULD know this, but don't type" questions or the "does anyone else see that the emperor has no clothes?" questions. 

Edited by Setanta, 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM.

-Setanta         

Thanked by 2 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yes, this!  :thumbup:  

I have been pleased with what I have found here. People asking for clarification on a wide vareity of topics and getting answers from knowledgeable people in the same area. 

But a bit of anonymity can be good when asking the "I know I SHOULD know this, but don't type" questions or the "does anyone else see that the emperor has no clothes?" questions. 

It would be really nice if more members added a photo to their profile, it's always nice to put a face to a post.  However, I also appreciate and respect the need for anonimity and much prefer an anonymous member to no memkber at all.

Regards,
Simon

mesophile

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 142 thanks
Good

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Twitter @DSi77

Chartered Scientist (CSci)
    Member of IFST (MIFST)
    Avid guitar player, dog walker and fitness trainer.
    I love reading, and learning about new fields in food science and technology.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Sorry this has been many months since the original posts, to Setanta and Baron you are both completely right!

Us technical folk need a place where we can seek informal advice and if anonymity is required, a bit of that too.

I mentioned the "accredited" bit because being a University Lecturer they tend to ask if anything we do has been accredited by somebody.  

Cheers

Simon

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

I have never thought about putting this on my resume as I have only replied to a few topics, but I can see the value of it.

The merit points and "panel of experts" is a bit worrisome as it could change the nature of the forum. People may be hesitant to respond if being judged by the "experts". Feelings could be hurt by the issuing or not issuing of merit points. Sometimes even not so good information can be valuable as it spurs the thinking process into other areas or at least tells you what to not do.

That being said this is a wonderful place to learn, to kibbitz, to ask questions, and know that we are not alone in our struggles with quality, and food safety. Where else would I have learned about a butty?

Edited by Snookie, 20 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

I look at things in very simple ways.

On knowing things and anonymity:

Every manager knows they don't know everything.  If they think they know everything then they are A) Typically not managers B) Pretty crappy managers.

The secret to leadership is taking thoughtful decisive action when it's required and learning from mistakes they have made. It's not knowing the answer to every question.

I don't like anonymity.  I think most times it's practiced it's abused more often than not.  This board is atypical to what I've seen with it.  That being said I like to troll with my name and face out there when I practice that fine art  :rofl2:

Back on the subject of if I would put this on my résumé:

I didn't think to do that.  But I think I might for the future.  It shows your plugged into a world wide food safety/quality community and I'm sure would be looked at with no less than national trade organizations.

Where else can you get information on packaging, ingredients, finished products, regulatory agencies, every food safety standard, etc.  It's all in how you explain the community.

Do I need to?  No.  I have a pretty impressive résumé and I interview extremely well.  I worked in a quality lab for 2 years, as a quality coordinator for 1 1/2 years, and now I'm a quality manager... a feat that would normally take a much longer time frame for the average worker.  

But do I want to?  Yeah I think I do.  This is a really great community.

Lack of respect (from earlier in the thread):

If I ever miss saying thank you to anyone who gives me some advice I apologize.  If I did:  Thank you. 

This is Merle.   :gleam:

That is all.   :roflmao:

ROCK ON IFSQN!  :rock:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Sorry for the delayed response Merle.  There is very little general chit chat on the forum and the knowledge and experience shared and gleaned adds much value to businesses.  In most cases the amount of time the average member spends on here more than pays for itself in time saved, costs reduced, risk avoidance and improvement of business and FSMS.  I know if I need a form or procedure or have a question and need expert advice this is the first place I turn to.  If a superior were to question use of the forum or the value it adds I’m sure a strong case can be argued.

mehraj.udct

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Kuwait
    Kuwait

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

I also agree with Simon & Merle. I am very new to this forum and Since I came from R&D, QC background and working as a Quality Assurance Manager for implementation of ISO 22000 there are several small things which need to be answered and I think this is the only forum where I can get answer for all my questions in less time.

Once you are in college you can call your friends at any time and discuss your doubts but when you start working there are several restriction you and your friends all have there own busy schedule hence this is the only forum where you get a experts suggestions at one glance.

I would be very pleased to include this forum in my CV. :thumbup:

Lexter Cruz

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:FSSC22000, ISO 22000, ISO 90001, HACCP, ISO 17025, Continual Improvement, GSO and SASO, SFDA, Prerequisite Programs,Products Dairy, Dry Mixed Product, Dehydrated Culinary Product, Powdered Beverages, Milk, Pasteurized Fermented Milk, Ice Cream, ice Cream Mixes, Meat Processing, Poultry process, Research and Development on food products.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Good Morning to all,

This is a very nice idea and i'm agreed with what Simon explained about upgrading the ranks from associate to whatever position may want by the others. Of course in order to upgrade they/we need to learn new things and learning should be validated by examination or demonstrating experience or by giving them a case study.

I also suggested if possible...we can consider upgrading by giving a test/contest on the certain topic then we set deadline on when they should send the answer of course subscription on this course of examination need money...I hope the cost is not that expensive...HAHAHA :lol2:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

There should be a secondary level based on reputation like a precursor to the title

"The Honorable" IFSQN Member MerleW   :sorcerer:

OFC I say that with a +1 reputation lol so it would be more like

"That guy who someone might like" IFSQN Member MerleW  :roflmao:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users