Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

I know this is a silly, silly, silly question but maybe someone have this procedure in writhing and can help me.

I have a black hole in my head and totally don’t know what to put on in this procedure. :helpplease:

Any suggestions will help as well.

Thanks in advance

e_mer

e_mer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

aaaaaa
it's a procedure for lost blue plaster
:)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

aaaaaa
it's a procedure for lost blue plaster
:)

Are you OK e_mer? You know what they say about answering your own questions. :whistle:

So what do you plan for blue plaster control and do you need any help?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

e_mer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

:biggrin:
I'm fine Simon, realy :biggrin: Thanks

I have procedure how to control blue plasters, but I still thinking about procedure of lost blue plaster.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Dear e_mer,

Must admit i've never been asked for a procedure although it's a logical question. The IT seems to not offer much also.

Presumably there are at least 2 primary factors, the owner's activity subsequent to it's loss and other product into which it may have fell. :thumbdown:
Is it the metallised type ? This enables you to cross-check material produced assuming the suspect locations and time periods are known.
Possible interactions by it's owner sounds more complicated, will depend on the case/severity i guess. Hopefully the relevant body area not in direct contact with raw materials, or, worst case, RTEs.

Classic cases - Human error. Lack of training (or very poor vision)(multiply so??)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

e_mer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

Thanks Charles.

Unfortunately I need to add in this procedure and exactly question is:
'Procedures must be in place to highlight if a plaster is lost and prompt an investigation to ensure that the plaster has not contaminated product must be completed.'

Plasters which we are using on site are with metal strips; also we have a metal detector on site, so I was thinking just put a sentence into procedure for plaster control which says if a plaster is lost on production line all finished product must be check by metal detector.
I have plaster control log as well, but that covers only end of the production day, nothing in between start and finish.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:49 PM

Thanks Charles.

Unfortunately I need to add in this procedure and exactly question is:
'Procedures must be in place to highlight if a plaster is lost and prompt an investigation to ensure that the plaster has not contaminated product must be completed.'

Plasters which we are using on site are with metal strips; also we have a metal detector on site, so I was thinking just put a sentence into procedure for plaster control which says if a plaster is lost on production line all finished product must be check by metal detector.
I have plaster control log as well, but that covers only end of the production day, nothing in between start and finish.

What i have had in the past is that at the beginning of the shift, the blue plaster is issued by a nominated first aider. At the end of the shift, the first aider verifies that the plaster is still in place (or can be accounted for)

if the plaster is not present, all of the batches manufactured on that dat should be put on hold. this could mean everything from the factory ( if plaster was lost at the raw material stage) or just from one line. you need to say in the procedure that you would do a risk assessment depending on where the plaster was lost.

also, blue plaster tend to be metal detectable, and you should check each batch that you buy through your detector before issuing.

hope this helps

Caz x

e_mer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

Thanks a million Caz.

I added to my existing procedure that all finished product must be put on hold, risk assessment done, product relies or reject and corrective action must be completed.

Thanks for a help.

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

How I'd do it is like this:

When plasters arrive on site, a plaster from each batch is tested (in a product sample which has been previously metal detected) through every metal detector you have. This is then recorded, if it fails, reject the batch.

Train all staff as part of your GMP training that only blue metal detectable plasters can be used and that if lost, it must be reported immediately.

First aiders must then record who plasters are issued to and then also write their name on the plaster. Normally I require a glove to be used as well if it's on the hand so it's not likely to fall off.

If a plaster is found to be missing mid shift, stop production, put on hold any product which might be affected and look for it. (May need to follow a blood procedure here too.) Only if the plaster is found and there is no risk of product contamination can the product be released, if the operator has been handling product, try and identify a window of possible contamination if you can - consider the staph / blood risk from the cut as well as the foreign body risk of the plaster.

If no-one has reported losing a plaster and one is found, consider disciplinary action of the individual.

If a plaster is found post metal detector; actions as above (consider all product may be contaminated with blood) but also reject that batch of plasters as it was not detected by the metal detector - ditto if found in a customer complaint but expect an article in the paper as well!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users