• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

1. Senior Management commitment and continual improvement – Fundamental

‘The company’s senior management shall demonstrate they are fully committed to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety.

This shall include provision of adequate resources, effective communications, systems of review and actions taken to effect continual improvement. Opportunities for improvement shall be identified, implemented and fully documented.’

is Management Review Meeting every 6 months is enough?
meeting include:

Minutes of the previous are distributed and read.
Review Customer Complaints and Non Conforming Product
Review of Process Performance
Review of Approved Vendors List and Vendor Rating
Review of preventative and corrective actions.
Review of Raw Material and Finished Product Specification
Review of Internal, Third Party and Second Party Audits.
Review of Training
Review of the HACCP
Review of Local Activities
Review of Customer Supplied Product
Review of Daily KPI Information and Customer KPI Information
Review of Quality Policy and Objectives
Analysis of Pest Control
Recommendations for Improvement in the System
A.O.B

maybe anyone have other ideas how to keep them happy :biggrin:

Edited by e_mer, 20 February 2008 - 02:59 PM.

okido

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 205 posts
  • 14 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:43 AM

Hi E_mer,

Would be nice if you could show commitment by an investment done to improve foodsafety or membership to a project team of most senior staff.

Have a nice day, Okido

e_mer

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

thanks a million Okido :)

foodmanuk

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hi,

Your list looked pretty good to me. A six monthly frequency sounds reasonable as it gives enough time to esnure that you are actually reviewing rends rather than just natural highs-lows in performance.

As a former BRC Auditor I would like to emphasise the new standard (issue 5)is really keen to push real management commitment. Obvious points:-

The sites top management must attend the meetings.
They must demonstrate active leadership ( it is their meeting)

Also:
They must also attend the BRC Audits opening & Closing meetings (else get a Major non conformity)
Dont be suprised if the auditor asks to spend time alone with the senior manager and may well ask them to demonstrate how they are taking forward the issues identified.

Best of luck!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:13 AM

Dear All,

I second Okido! I always used to suggest to auditors that evidence of QA attendance at seminars / workshops/hotels was one important parameter.

The aspect of meeting frequency / duration is surely one of the most studied (along with document control perhaps) features of the ISO family.
1 yr / 30min (the typical "senior management" min/max) used to be the rule-of-thumb values in ISO forums. Suppose the latter partly depends on the tea and biscuits :smile: .

Coaching lists of preferred MD responses to typical auditor committment questions also exist on the IT (and vice-versa).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

Dear e_mer,

Here is a short sample management review procedure for iso 9k which I happened to notice on IT (has a few tweaks on yr orig.list presumably to specifically comply with iso 9k but maybe of some interest). I uploaded since these items tend to change frequently.

[attachment=739:ISO_9000...cedure_2.doc

Rgds / Charles.C

Attached Files

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

Each feedback point from the management review meetings should generate an Engineering Change Request. The group will meet quarterly if possible and once per year minimum.

‘should’ ‘if possible’ a bit too non-committal for my liking. With that get out clause you know the group will meet annually. :smile:

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

BVRC

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 42 thanks
Good

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hi, everyone

Here is my 2 cents for what its worth. In last year we recieved a finding on the the input on management review for BRC. Now my one client is BRC, HACCP and ISO 9001 certified, the requirement for management review for ISO 9001:2000 complied, so did the HACCP review. The auditor suggested that I combine the input for ISO 9001:2000 and HACCP 10330 and that will ensure compliance to BRC. I did it and the approvals board accepted it.

Incidently this 'change' in BRC is a long standing approach of ISO 9001:2000. I find that if I use the General requirements of ISO 9001:2000, it more that ensures complaince with BRC, it also ofcourse addresses the requirements of 22K.

In terms of the frequency of management review. For all of my clients I prefer to do it every second month. Its a fast paced industry that generates a lot of outputs and 6 monthly is to few and far between. Maybe this will be an objective for the future. Its already a challenge analysing trends on this basis, imagine the amount of data available after 6 months or even a year!

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

Most UK factories do a yearly management review of quality but then quality is featured in weekly or monthly meetings as well. Personally in my experience of UK factories, senior management commitment is difficult to prove because it honestly isn't really there until something goes wrong. Maybe I'm just getting old, bitter and refused for too many training courses I want to attend!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users