• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi all,

Have used these forums for some time now and appreciate everybodys help and comments on how best to demonstrate compliance to various standards. Never posted before until now so looking for some help :helpplease:

Having just a had a recent BRC audit I have to address a non conformance raised regarding transport hygiene requirements - 'Hygiene requirements and procedures for vehicles are not included in the contract with the haulage contractor.'

Trouble is for whatever reason we don't have a contract in the first place :dunno:

Our company produce whisky therefore have no need for temperature controls etc and I guess all I need is a basic agreement written up and signed off.

A previous post some time ago gave examples which I was hoping to look at however I think these may have been removed?

http://www.ifsqn.com...t specification

Any ideas or help on this one would be appreciated.

Vince

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hi Vince,

I'm sorry that I do not have a example for you.
But it is really not that hard. Just copy the relevant requirements from BRC (issue 4) reuirement 3.11 and agree it with your third party transport organisations.

P.S. I can still open the links in the forum.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:14 AM

Vince,
I believe it would be the same for BRC-IOP because during a recent implementation for a food-contact processor under ISO 22000, we had to perform a risk assessment and from there determine the specifications that the service provider and the client should mutually agree on and consequently a formalized service contract or understanding.

Probably a good idea to perform the CA and review of CA along a formalized logistic hygiene arrangement.

Regards
Charles

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:31 AM

Dear Madam A.D-tor,

Can you reconfirm you can open all the links since I can only open the first one (using FFox/IE6) ? (@ was that yr same problem Vince ?)

If so perhaps you could kindly re-upload (or anyone ? ).

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

V1ncenso

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

Yes Charles - I can only open the main link to the old thread but cannot open any of the attached files within it. Guess it's because it's such an old thread?

V1ncenso

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Scotland
    Scotland

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:47 AM

Sorry folks - just managed to open the first link :doh:

Looks as though this document helps me to sort out what I need.

Thanks for your help :beer:

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi Charles C.

You are right! I indeed can only open the first link.

Hi V1censo,

I'm glad that that first link could help you out!

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

FRAZA

Grade - Active

• Inactive User
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

We use the following agreement, and have a visual check of all vehicles using the checklist attached

Hope this helps

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

We use the following agreement, and have a visual check of all vehicles using the checklist attached

Hope this helps

Thanks for sharing the documents. :clap:

One comment on transport. I think it is very difficult to ensure or audit the transport chain. Many transport contractors subcontract when they are busy and often jobs are subcontrcated several times. So for me it's impossible to control and maintain understanding of hygiene requirements down through the layers. Also how on earth can you check export transportation effectively. Imagine sending a box from Manchester to Beijing, think of the number of links in the chain and then tell me how you can control them???

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

mrngorickets

Grade - Active

• Banned
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Good Morning Vincent

I have to be a bit careful as I think I know you and your company and I might end up doing your BRC again at some point.

Getting a format for a contract for UK/European distribution should be straightforward for you - the previous posts probably cover everything.

Simon's point about export is very relevant to you however.

You will need to extend any contract to shipping/airfreight companies to define the quality of shipping containers etc. In reality much of it will be out of your control as you will probably not be present for loading etc.

You will need to use phrases in the contracts/agreements such as cleanliness, freedom from contamination, no damage etc. You also need to include security, but with the value of you products I am sure that you have already convered that!

Having re-read my post, I ought to make plain that I was not the auditor who did Vincent's BRC audit. Just in case anybody from the BRC or UKAS reads the post!

Edited by Foodworker, 27 March 2011 - 12:30 PM.

Cathy

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 280 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

If it may be of help, more information on transportation can be found here...http://www.fda.gov/F...y/ucm203420.htm

(LINK BROKEN/charles.c-170517)

FDA is developing reguilatory requirements, rather than just guidance in this area in the U.S.

Edited by Charles.C, 17 May 2017 - 11:42 AM.
edited

Cathy Crawford, HACCP Consulting Group
http://haccpcg.com/

mrngorickets

Grade - Active

• Banned
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

Hi all,

Have used these forums for some time now and appreciate everybodys help and comments on how best to demonstrate compliance to various standards. Never posted before until now so looking for some help :helpplease:

Having just a had a recent BRC audit I have to address a non conformance raised regarding transport hygiene requirements - 'Hygiene requirements and procedures for vehicles are not included in the contract with the haulage contractor.'

Trouble is for whatever reason we don't have a contract in the first place :dunno:

Our company produce whisky therefore have no need for temperature controls etc and I guess all I need is a basic agreement written up and signed off.

A previous post some time ago gave examples which I was hoping to look at however I think these may have been removed?

http://www.ifsqn.com...t specification

Any ideas or help on this one would be appreciated.

Vince

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: LINK REMOVED

Best regards.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hi, This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: LINk REMOVEDb]

Best regards.

Why not post your project, example materials or ideas on the subject for other to share and learn from?

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

QAJess1

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Does anyone know if this standard applies if the customer arranges transportation? A lot of times our customers hire their own companies because it is cheaper. We do trailer inspections, but is there anything else we should be doing?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know if this standard applies if the customer arranges transportation? A lot of times our customers hire their own companies because it is cheaper. We do trailer inspections, but is there anything else we should be doing?

Hi Jess,

BRC is a private FS Standard, not a regulatory one.

A USFDA one may exist though. :unsure:

I agree that it is logical to inspect the trailers even though yr customer is seemingly responsible for transport.

Some basic ideas are in other posts of this thread although the specifics may also relate to what you are "shipping".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users