Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for the useful reference Witch. I wonder is there a similar comparison for the BRC Global Standard - Food? If not does anybody fancy making one. :king:

Welcome to the forums Molly. :bye:

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Witch

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the useful reference Witch. I wonder is there a similar comparison for the BRC Global Standard - Food? If not does anybody fancy making one. :king:
Simon

A nice guy from my stuff is preparing a comparison at the moment, and if you are very nice Simon, maybe I will post it... :x_biggrin:

(just needs a few days... we have lots of other things to do...)

:bye:
Andrea

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:00 PM

A nice guy from my stuff is preparing a comparison at the moment, and if you are very nice Simon, maybe I will post it...

I promise, I promise. :cheezy:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Witch

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:44 AM

I promise, I promise. :cheezy:

Folks,
we finished with our comparison (unfortunately in german) BUT again you can easily compare the numbering.
It is just our idea of comparing, does not mean, one or another point could not be compared otherwise!

It´s especially for you, Simon!
:mwah:

Attached Files

Franco

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 752 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:19 AM

Thank you so much Witch :king:

An ancient Chinese proverb teaches that the person who waits for a roast duck to fly into their mouth must wait a very long time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:02 AM

It´s especially for you, Simon!
:mwah:

People will talk :oops:

Thank you so much. :thumbup:

Simon

Gunter-K

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

The excel attachment -> BRC Food Gap Analysis with ISO 22000

When I click the link I get an error message stating the file does not exist. Does anyone have a copy of the file in German and if available an English version would be great. Gap analysis against BRC version 5 would be the ultimate. Here's hoping.

Kenneth

ki_prayong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Central African Republic
    Central African Republic

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:38 AM

Dear all ISO 22000 std. expert,
I have table about compare BRC v.5 and ISO 22000 std. and ISO 9001:2000 requirements (with IFS !!! so grate).
Now our company used this table to gap analyse between ISO 22000 and BRC (Food) v.5 and our team should check every detail in both 2 Stds.
but we have biggest problem about 7.4.4 (ISO 22000) and 2.7.1 (BRC) ,it's more difficult to integrate these requirements.(Pls see my attaches)
Did you have method to integrate these requirements, please share with another companies and me ?
Thank you for your comments,
KI_Prayong ,THA

Attached Files

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

Dear all ISO 22000 std. expert,
I have table about compare BRC v.5 and ISO 22000 std. and ISO 9001:2000 requirements (with IFS !!! so grate).
Now our company used this table to gap analyse between ISO 22000 and BRC (Food) v.5 and our team should check every detail in both 2 Stds.
but we have biggest problem about 7.4.4 (ISO 22000) and 2.7.1 (BRC) ,it's more difficult to integrate these requirements.(Pls see my attaches)
Did you have method to integrate these requirements, please share with another companies and me ?
Thank you for your comments,
KI_Prayong ,THA

Hi Ki Prayong

If you apply the ISO 22000 requirements, which are more prescriptive, then you will meet the requirements of the other standards.

You seem to have made your decision tree process quite complicated and confusing? :huh:

I prefer to use the following rules:

Non Significant Hazards Identified - Controlled by PRPs
Significant Hazards that are not CCPs - Controlled by Operational PRPs
Hazards at CCPs - Controlled by HACCP plan

If you apply these rules then you can use a standard decision tree.

Regards,

Tony :smile:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

Dear Tony,

Non Significant Hazards Identified - Controlled by PRPs
Significant Hazards that are not CCPs - Controlled by Operational PRPs
Hazards at CCPs - Controlled by HACCP plan

I applaud yr ultra-simplified approach but do you have a similarly compact way to evaluate if a hazard is non-significant (hence > PRP) or otherwise. Preferably free. :biggrin:

My first reaction was that if this format is acceptable to I22k auditors, them a lot of people here must be wasting an enormous amount of their time and brainpower. I suspect it is contrary to the intended "control prioritisiation" of the standard but the proof of the pudding is in the audit. :thumbup:

Rgds / Charles.C

added -
@ ki prayong, regretfully, hv to agree with Tony's comment regarding clarity of yr decision tree, very hard to understand. There is a slightly similar one posted in another 22000 thread which was originally proposed by the ISO 22000 team but then dropped later. One problem between equating the iso/brc standards on this is that the basic concept is different, maybe you simply hv to accept that difference and structure the comparison chart accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

just me

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:26 AM

Dear Tony C and Charles C,

I like the delightfully simplified way of categorizing the PRP, OPRP and CCP, which makes sense.
However, how would we justified that we have considered 7.4.4 (a) to (g) in the ISO22000 standard?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

Dear just me,

However, how would we justified that we have considered 7.4.4 (a) to (g) in the ISO22000 standard?

Indeed. :smile:

My current views are mainly detailed / summarised in the post below and surrounding posts from other people.
http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__36566

As you can see, the result is somewhat expanded compared to the content in this thread. :smile:

I am happy to let Tony reply regarding his own contributions. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

Dear Tony C and Charles C,

I like the delightfully simplified way of categorizing the PRP, OPRP and CCP, which makes sense.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Hi Just Me

You will need to show in determing the significance of your hazards that your control measures have been reviewed as per criteria a - g for their effectiveness against the identified food safety hazards.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users