• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to implement the evaluation of individual verification results?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hi here

Could you give me some suggestion or examples how to implement the evaluation of individual verification results according to ISO22000 8.4.2.

thank you!

Best Regards

Rex

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

Dear Rex,

The clause 8.4.2 itself reveals the action to be implemented after evaluation of the individual verification results. See points a, b, c and d. For example, if the result of evaluation of verification of any PRP is not satisfactory you should review that particular PRP. To review that PRP means if that PRP is documented, you should check whether the activities are being performed as documented with specified method, frequency and responsibility.

Hope it would help.

Regards:
Zeeshan

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

Dear Rex,

The clause 8.4.2 itself reveals the action to be implemented after evaluation of the individual verification results. See points a, b, c and d. For example, if the result of evaluation of verification of any PRP is not satisfactory you should review that particular PRP. To review that PRP means if that PRP is documented, you should check whether the activities are being performed as documented with specified method, frequency and responsibility.

Hope it would help.

Regards:
Zeeshan

Dear Zeeshan

Thank you for your help.

In 8.4.2, it said that if the results of individual verification didn't met the planned arrangements, then a,b,c,d shall be carried out.

So I want to learn about how to evaluate the individual verification results, does a relevant record be retained? If not, how to prove
evaluate the individual verification results was carried out? which wasn't required in 8.4.2!

Regards
Rex

FSSM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 207 posts
  • 34 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Dear Zeeshan

Thank you for your help.

In 8.4.2, it said that if the results of individual verification didn't met the planned arrangements, then a,b,c,d shall be carried out.

So I want to learn about how to evaluate the individual verification results, does a relevant record be retained? If not, how to prove
evaluate the individual verification results was carried out? which wasn't required in 8.4.2!

Regards
Rex

Dear Rex,

As you say 8.4.2 doesn´t require evidence of the evaluation, but evaluation is followed by analysis (8.4.3) and it does ask for evidence of the results of the analysis and the actions taken, also if you find in this evaluation and analysis, non conformities, 8.4.3 e) ask for corrections and corrective actions {7.10.2, agains ask for evidence in f)}.

The standar doesn´t require a particular format but it states the content of that analysis a, b, c, d, e (8.4.3).

Regards,

FSSM

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hi here

Could you give me some suggestion or examples how to implement the evaluation of individual verification results according to ISO22000 8.4.2.

thank you!

Best Regards

Rex

We do it with a simple sign off by our QA manager (also our Food Safety Team Leader). She reviews all CCP records to ensure they are complete and if she finds something incomplete, she takes immediate action. She will also bring issues to the Food Safety Team if needed to help with corrections.

TS

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hi FSSM and TS

Thank you! I will rereaded the standard again.

Best Regards

Rex

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

Dear Rex,

I have seen your query today but happy to see the replies from FSSM and tsmith. Well said.

Just want to summaries both replies to help you further from my side. Hope it would clarify most of your confusions while re-studying the standard.

Requirements stated in 8.4.2 can be fulfilled by doing following tasks:

1- Any one or more members from food safety team should check the individual results of all planned verification activities including CCP, ORPP, PRP monitoring and verification activities. This checking should be systematic or planned, that is, it is defined or decided somehow that how results will be checked, who will check, when will check, to whom the results will be forwarded, what will be done if the results would not be satisfactory.

2- If the verification results are not satisfactory (does not demonstrate conformity with the planned arrangements, standard-values or procedures) then designated personnel should take actions to achieve required conformity. (some of these actions are defined in 8.4.2 a~d).

3- Detail and summary of all results, decisions, actions, follow-ups and status of all above evaluation is analysed by one or more members of food safety team along with other information to judge overall system performance, trends, effectiveness of actions, need for updating or improvements and to have information in order to update plans.

If you link up all above activities clause wise then it would look like this:
7.8 --> 8.4.2 ---> 8.4.3 --> 5.8.2

Hope I have not made it more complicated :whistle:.

Regards:
Zeeshan

Rex

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Dear Zeeshan

Thank you very very much for your patient explaining which is very easy to understand.

And I got the methods how to carry out evaluation of individual verificaton results.

Expect more contacting and discussing with you.

Best Regards

Rex

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users