• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi everybody;

It is possible to establish ISO 22000:2005 in mall?? I mean if you are the manager of the mall and you can only rent place in food court to some company, could you apply for ISO 22000:2005 Certification?? In that position, you can not interfere the food hygiene of your food court unfortunately. now i try to get some information to create food safety in all of may food court but as a owner i can not have my tenant applying Food Safety Policy.

Could you give me information fot this situation??

Thanks

Best Regards

Funda

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hi everybody;

It is possible to establish ISO 22000:2005 in mall?? I mean if you are the manager of the mall and you can only rent place in food court to some company, could you apply for ISO 22000:2005 Certification?? In that position, you can not interfere the food hygiene of your food court unfortunately. now i try to get some information to create food safety in all of may food court but as a owner i can not have my tenant applying Food Safety Policy.

Could you give me information fot this situation??

Thanks

Best Regards

Funda

Hi Funda, Just to clarify. You are the manager of a mall with many (privately managed) food establishments inside? You want to know if ISO 22000 is relevant? And you want to know whether you could have ISO 22000 Certification for the mall or for each individual food place? Please confirm and hopefully you will get some answers.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

funda

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

Hi Simon;

yes,i am the manager of food court, in our food court we have 40 (i think) tenants. but in any food poisoning the name of my mall will be damaged rather than the name of my tenant company. to preserve my mall image i want to establish ISO 22000. but i could not examine the tenants in food court. taht's why is certification of ISO 22000 possible?? in any negative situation i can not want my hirer to serve better or to go from food court. with ISO 22000 have i get this right???

Best regards

Funda

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hi Simon;

yes,i am the manager of food court, in our food court we have 40 (i think) tenants. but in any food poisoning the name of my mall will be damaged rather than the name of my tenant company. to preserve my mall image i want to establish ISO 22000. but i could not examine the tenants in food court. taht's why is certification of ISO 22000 possible?? in any negative situation i can not want my hirer to serve better or to go from food court. with ISO 22000 have i get this right???

Best regards

Funda

Personally I think ISO 22000 would be overkill. I would suggest you take a look at this resource:

Safer food, better business for caterers

It is 100% relevant and really has everything you need. I'm sure this would help you to establish a standard for your food mall. If you do not have the experience you could get the help of a consultant to assist the food outlets to develop their systems - the cost could be split between the 40 food outlets.

Good luck.

Simon

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Mahmut Sogukpinar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi Funda,

You have a big responsibility as you have to have a full control on your 40 tenant (food premises).

First of all I think you need to have some food safety requirements on your agreement with your tenant. For example you can require a food safety system (HACCP, GMP, ISO22000…) in place for each tenant, But as Simon said it would be difficult for each tenant to have ISO 22000 because most of small premises have resource problem. But if they have an effective food safety system (specially ISO22000) in place then you will relax as ISO22000 requires organizations comply with the food safety law. The other suggestion is that you may hire someone to provide them food safety training courses also have regular food safety inspections at your tenants` place.

Regards, Mahmut

Erasmo

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 135 posts
  • 19 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

It is possible, you just need to find a registrar that have "Services" under their accreditation scope.

Edited by Erasmo, 28 June 2008 - 04:53 PM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:30 AM

Funda, Have the comments helped you make a decision on what action your are going to take?

Regards,
Simon

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users