• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Oman
    Oman

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

hello everybody!!!

I wanted to know what is the Clean as you go policy..

Can you share if you have this Clean as you go policy record? hope you guys can help me on this

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

A Clean-As-You-Go policy is about keeping the work area clean and tidy at all times whilst working. This may include cleaning up spills, wiping down surfaces, removing waste to bins and generally keeping the work area, tools and equipment and person to the required levels of hygiene to produce safe products. There may be a checklist or photographs or some documentation that shows what the requirements are, but I would not normally expect a written record of clean as you go activities.

Just my thoughts, hope they help.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,849 posts
  • 726 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

I agree with Simon. It's often identified as best practice from a Health and Safety point of view not just a hygiene one (prevention of slips / trips and falls.) It's also often used as part of lean methodologies.

It's important if you establish this kind of regime to remind staff that hand hygiene is important after any cleaning activity as "clean as you go" can make people think they pick up some rubbish and then go straight back to handling food.

Thanked by 1 Member:

vin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates
  • Interests:Eating food, Exercise, cricket and ofcourse MUSIC

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

Dear all,

In my basic food hygiene training slides i have included "clean as you go". it says to the staffs that they have to keep clean(sanitize) their work area as clean as possible, it is not only at the end of the shift but also during the working time. Simply i used to tell them clean and disinfect what you used including their hands.

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

IMEX.. We doing monitoring daily and internal audit (GMP audit) monthly to see how effective " Clean as you go" at all of dept. area..

And we share the knowledge of hygiene to all of employees with Handbook.. we call "Hygiene handbook".. the book contain how to keep the working area still clean and tidy....

Rosemary4

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

This is a copy of our clean as you go policy.The “Clean as you go” policy applies to all employees. It is designed to ensure that workplace cleanliness and hygiene are maintained to the highest standard. In so doing, the safety and appearance of the plant will be maintained as well as a safe, legal and hygienic product being produced.

The policy of “Clean as you go” places the responsibility on all employees to maintain the working environment in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times when carrying out duties on the premises.

The primary areas for concern are:

• Workstations to be left clean, safe and tidy
  • Tools, cutters and anvils to be away straight after use
  • Hand tools to be placed back on the tools trolley straight after use
  • Floors to be kept clear of waste, plastic and cardboard
  • Waste plastic generated during production to be baled as soon as it is produced
  • Made up boxes to be kept to a minimum to keep floor space clear and also to prevent contamination whilst waiting to be packed
  • All walkways to be kept clear
  • All outer packaging for raw materials, adhesive tape etc, to be removed from the production area straight after use
  • Any leftover rolls to be recovered to prevent contamination
  • Waste bins to be emptied regularly
  • All waste and rubbish to be placed in the skip

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Dear Rosemary (4),

Thank you very much for yr contribution and welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

I deduce you are in the packaging business.

In addition to the kind of hygienic steps you hv listed, and within the general items referred previously, I think I wud hv added an obligation to report any perceived, particularly unusual, significant findings to 'senior management" for follow-up. Often doesn't happen until things get out of control IMEX.

rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

IConnectVA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Useful information here, I greatly appreciate your postings!

I've been working on getting our procedures together and it's not the simplest process!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users