Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

Dear all! :helpplease:

Our team has successfully completed the project of ISO 22000 and we soon, inshallah, get audited against this standard. Our management has decided to start working on BRC in parallel. I got a copy of standard and started to study it. I wish I have cross-references between ISO 22000 and BRC-Issue-5 so that I easily grasp and start working on the areas where we have major gaps against BRC.

I do not want to re-invent the wheel so if somebody have such a document please post it here. I will be extremely grateful.

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

Dear Zeeshan,

As you, no doubt, know already, 22000 is aligned to 9001 with respect to the MS structure (see end of standard 22000).

A detailed 22000/BRC comparison is not that simple since ISO 22000 has attempted to re- orient HACCP from the Codex style used in BRC. Additionally BRC attempts to avoid the ISO-speak which often causes the 9001 standard to be so frustrating to the newcomer but BRC often unfortunately introduces its own confusing English language instead.

It is also important to remember that 22004 is regarded as the current operative version where relevant queries on interpretation / implementation of 22000 are concerned (and similarly other 22000 series additions I presume).

The nearest immediately “useful” answer to yr request I could see is this file but is not yet BRC ver5 –

Attached File  BRC__prob.4__vs_ISO_22000__etc.xls   27.5KB   314 downloads

(taken from http://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=1003 )

You will also find some info / comments in these links -

http://www.ifsqn.com...?showtopic=1355

http://www.ifsqn.com...showtopic=13372
Hopefully, someone else can find an exact answer to yr request here (or supply one :thumbup: )

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

Zeeshan,

If it gives you any comfort, we were in the middle of installing ISO 22000 when we had a customer request a BRC audit on one of our product lines. It was last minute and we did not have time to completely review the BRC standard so we threw up our ISO 22000 system and held our breath!

It actually went very well and the BRC auditors were very complimentary of the system. You should find that ISO 22000 and BRC are almost parallel it is just a matter of figuring out how the sections match. I used similar documents to what Charles attached to help.

TS

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:48 AM

Zeeshan,

If it gives you any comfort, we were in the middle of installing ISO 22000 when we had a customer request a BRC audit on one of our product lines. It was last minute and we did not have time to completely review the BRC standard so we threw up our ISO 22000 system and held our breath!
It actually went very well and the BRC auditors were very complimentary of the system. You should find that ISO 22000 and BRC are almost parallel it is just a matter of figuring out how the sections match. I used similar documents to what Charles attached to help.
TS

:thumbup:

You must have done a good job with your prerequisite programmes as BRC is far more prescriptive in these requirements.

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 17 November 2009 - 05:49 AM.

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

:thumbup:

You must have done a good job with your prerequisite programmes as BRC is far more prescriptive in these requirements.

True, BRC leads you to the well and gives you the water. With ISO you have to dig the well and get your own water.

But in the end, if you do it right, you should be drinking water in both systems. ;)

TS

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Dear Zeeshan,

Here is a GFSI (to which BRC structurally conforms) originated document which discusses the GFSI relationship (see section4) to ISO 22000. As indicated by Tony and driving the current interest in PAS220 etc, there is some cross difficulty, notably with respect to the PRPs. A cross-matrix for GFSI vs ISO22000 is included at the end of the document (appendixA).

Attached File  GFSI_compared_to_ISO_22000.pdf   6.63MB   274 downloads
(slow dwl!)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

Attached is a draft comparison I did for the IFSQN systems:

Attached File  IFSQN_BRC_9001_22000_Standards_Comparison.xls   103KB   229 downloads

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:21 AM

Dear Charles and Tony!

Thank you very much for your cooperation and contribution. :smarty: .

Regards.
Zeeshan.

Kamwenji Njuma

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 47 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Food safety,Quality,Hygiene and Agricultural consultancy.HACCP,BRC Food,ISO22000.ISO9001,GLOBALG.A.P,Etc

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:33 AM

Dear All,

Looking at the comparisons for BRC,ISO 22000,ISO 9001,IFS,etctheir clauses always relate.Why dont we have only one Global food standard to be the guiding factor for all countries.

Regards,
Jeremy

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

Dear Tony,

Thks for the xls sheets. Still trying to find the zoom control on my excel menu. :biggrin:

I noticed that some of the items like "pests" and "cleaning" exist as both prps and oprps in fssc with slightly changed titles. Is this a specific result of the categorisation system of fssc or yr own re-interpretation?. Seems a bit weird to a neutral observer like myself.

@Jeremy, I suppose one morally correct reason is maximum safety, another polite reason is money :smile: .

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:28 AM

Dear Tony,

Thks for the xls sheets. Still trying to find the zoom control on my excel menu. :biggrin:

I noticed that some of the items like "pests" and "cleaning" exist as both prps and oprps in fssc with slightly changed titles. Is this a specific result of the categorisation system of fssc or yr own re-interpretation?. Seems a bit weird to a neutral observer like myself.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hi Charles

Sorry about the small print but I didn't want it 10 pages long!

Thanks for your question and observations and I can understand your thoughts.

The IFSQN FSQMS packages are deliberately designed to be flexible and cover as many options as possible.

With the one you are referring to the prerequisite programme procedures contain the fundamental basic hygienic requirements as per CODEX and PAS 220. The operational prequisites procedures are more detailed and have associated validation and verification records. People can chose to use either or both depending on their process, hazards and hazard assessment.

Kind regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 19 November 2009 - 08:29 AM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi Tony,

Ah, I see; more or less anyway. :smile: Thks for the clarification.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users