Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:16 AM

In order to standardize the taste profile our QA department instructed to use certain ingrediants of specific origin for particular products. Should all such ingrediants be treated as Identity Preserved Material?

Prior thanks for expert opinions!

Regards:
Zeeshan

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Only if mixing up with conventional ingredients is possible.
E.g.: if you have in place chicken meat and organic chicken meat; cheese and vegetarian cheese or berries and berries from specific growers.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Zeeshan

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 499 posts
  • 224 thanks
Excellent

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:QMS, TQM, FSMS, HMS (Halal Management System), IMS (Integrated Management System), Training Programs Management, Performance Management

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

Dear Madam A. D-tor

Thank you for your recommendation. I'll make sure that each of our item should have a unique code with respect to its origin. And besides separate storage and handling I'll make a work instruction to be communicated to storage and processing area that specify the requirements to keep separate even similar items with different material codes.

I think this would be enough to fulfill the requirements of safe handling Identity Preserved Materials.

Regards:
Zeeshan.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users