Jump to content

  • Quick Navigation
- - - - -

Looking for some advice and guidance on BRC/IOP Category 3

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic


    Grade - Active

  • IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

  • Wales

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Right guys, I have been handed the responsibility to gain BRC/IOP for this company. We are a label manufacturer in south wales. I am new to this so looking for some advice and guidance. We have ISO 9001 in place and supply labels to both the food and cosmetic industry. I think we have most systems in place for a cat 3 accred but what will the Auditors be looking closest at.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.


    IFSQN...it's My Life

  • IFSQN Admin
  • 12,529 posts
  • 1318 thanks

  • United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Welcome to the website label man. As you have determined you are category 3 I take it you have a copy of the BRC/IOP standard? Have you read it? The auditor will audit every single clause of the requirements at every single audit, so they will be looking at everything, which is quite different to an ISO 9001 audit.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.
Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 140 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos




    Grade - AIFSQN

  • IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks

  • Scotland
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hi labelman

I think you might find that you will need Cat 2 certification. If your label products are for the food industry they will most likely be used in the same area or packaging line as the 'food' product whither or not it's in impermeable packaging. In this case your accreditation body might decide that you should be Cat 2.

Maybe take some advice from your certification body. Best of luck with the system


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users