Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Been involved in food manufacturing since '92. Food science degree from Michigan State. I've worked for a moderate sized restaurant chain (600 units), a refrigerated salads manufacturer (deli salads, meat salads, etc) a salad dressing and dips manufacturer. and now I'm with a dry blended goods company (beverages mixes, baking mixes, etc.)

We were recently recommended for certification to the FSSC 22000 standard. I spent my first 4 months straightening out the system left by the previous QA director and fleshing out skeletal policies and procedures. After our certificaiton audit, I've been working on re-writing and refining the system I was handed to something more streamlined, efficient, and effective.

First post, but I've been lurking for some time.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Been involved in food manufacturing since '92. Food science degree from Michigan State. I've worked for a moderate sized restaurant chain (600 units), a refrigerated salads manufacturer (deli salads, meat salads, etc) a salad dressing and dips manufacturer. and now I'm with a dry blended goods company (beverages mixes, baking mixes, etc.)

We were recently recommended for certification to the FSSC 22000 standard. I spent my first 4 months straightening out the system left by the previous QA director and fleshing out skeletal policies and procedures. After our certificaiton audit, I've been working on re-writing and refining the system I was handed to something more streamlined, efficient, and effective.

First post, but I've been lurking for some time.

Welcome to the forums JPO, it's great you finally decided to 'come out' and join the active members. :smile:

I'm sure you have a wealth of experience to share, so please feel free to join the discussions.

:welcome:

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users