• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

Dear All,

I'm Food Engineer Student from Ege University in Turkey. I have a graduation thesis which called "Pas 220:2008 Relation with BRC and ISO 22000" and I just started. Firstly I'm trying to decide titles.

I have some ideas: At the beginning, I wrote basic info and history of Pas 220:2008 so some info about CIES and GFSI. Then a litle bit compare BRC and ISO 22000. Then structural diffirences and maybe certification. At the end, Economical discusion.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Inesa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 65 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Children and a Cat, FS, Ballroom Dance, Comedy, "Sofa+tea+cookie" relax, walk in nature, still play in sandbox...

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

Dear b----li Posted Image,

very small thing: did you consider any research elements in your paper? F.ex., in DK, for Master in food technology they require thesis include some scientific research elements.

good luck!
Inesa

Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning. (Igor Stravinsky)

bkalkandelenli

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

Dear b----li Posted Image,

very small thing: did you consider any research elements in your paper? F.ex., in DK, for Master in food technology they require thesis include some scientific research elements.

good luck!
Inesa

Hi Inesa,

Thank you for your reply. Frankly, I didn't understand exactly. I don't know what is F.ex? File Exchange maybe!?

My thesis is only graduation thesis as "compilation". Most important rules are correct information and informations from other academic essays. All references should be shared.

Inesa

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 189 posts
  • 65 thanks
Neutral

• Denmark
    Denmark
  • Interests:Children and a Cat, FS, Ballroom Dance, Comedy, "Sofa+tea+cookie" relax, walk in nature, still play in sandbox...

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

Hi again Posted Image,

Sorry , with " f.ex." I meant "for example" Posted Image
I hope you'll get some good advices from experts in here ;)

regards
Inesa

p.s. DK- means Denmark Posted Image

Edited by Inesa, 21 December 2010 - 10:30 AM.

Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning. (Igor Stravinsky)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

Dear bkalkandelenli,

I can make one obvious suggestion which you may hv done already. There are several posts here which trace the reasons for PAS220 (ie the [perceived]deficiencies in ISO 22000) and give links which review this topic. I suggest you do a search for PAS220 here.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bkalkandelenli

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

I already did Charles. Thanks. I just do not want to change the subject....

For example In your country Wall Mart ( Member of CIES ) want Pas 220 ? Or only in UK and USA.

Dear bkalkandelenli,

I can make one obvious suggestion which you may hv done already. There are several posts here which trace the reasons for PAS220 (ie the [perceived]deficiencies in ISO 22000) and give links which review this topic. I suggest you do a search for PAS220 here.

Rgds / Charles.C

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

In the UK there is practically no interest in PAS 220. The BRC Food Safety Standard has been around for more than ten years and is used widely (almost solely).

The BRC Food Safety Standard is a comprehensive technical standard with detailed and prescriptive requirements and as such it meets with the approval of retailers

ISO 22000 on its own is not prescriptive enough and as such was not and could never be the preferred standard of many suppliers so PAS220 was developed specifically to provide the prescriptive requirements.

When PAS220 is used in conjunction with ISO 22000 it is a useful standard and meets the requirements of the GFSI benchmarking scheme, and on this basis it is acceptable to many more suppliers.

The certification standard using PAS220/ISO22k is FSSC22000.
Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:02 AM

The BRC Food Safety Standard ...........
ISO 22000 ..............
Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Simon

Yes.........
BRC is sufficiently prescriptive as a stand alone standard.
ISO 22000 requires PAS 220 in order to be widely accepted.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users