• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

hello every body!
you the food microbiologist and other sceintist are requested to give me you suggestion about use of microorganisms specially bacteria for bakery product and some value added properties. consider that i need suggestion for research purpose.
regard
raffay

Hongyun

Finger Lickin' Good

• IFSQN Member
  • 241 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

hello every body!
you the food microbiologist and other sceintist are requested to give me you suggestion about use of microorganisms specially bacteria for bakery product and some value added properties. consider that i need suggestion for research purpose.
regard
raffay

Hi Raffay,

Are you talking about incorporating probiotics into bakery products? I think is good, since bread is considered staple food and most people take them on a daily basis. But the cost of these value added breads must not be too high or it will be pointless.

Liquid live probiotics most probably will not make it out alive after baking. But you can find suppliers that supplies encapsulated probiotics for this purpose.

On another note, I watched a documentry that proves eating prebiotics is better than probiotics in the long run.

Edited by Hongyun, 21 February 2011 - 12:02 AM.

"World Community Grid made it possible for us to analyze in one day the number of specimens that would take approximately 130 years to complete using a traditional computer."

- Dr. David J. Foran, professor and lead researcher at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

Join our LinkedIn Group! >> <<

raffay

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

hello hongyon
thanx for your reply and i am in search of a food microbiology research topic to which i can work . yes i was askin about probiotic and thanx for you provided suggestion

regard
raffay

Hi Raffay,

Are you taking about incorporating probiotics into bakery products? I think is good, since bread is considered staple food and most people take them on a daily basis. But the cost of these value added breads must not be too high or it will be pointless.

Liquid live probiotics most probably will not make it out alive after baking. But you can find suppliers that supplies encapsulated probiotics for this purpose.

On another note, I watched a documentry that proves eating prebiotics is better than probiotics in the long run.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users