Manoj Mathur

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:25 PM

Respected Ladies and gentlemen,

I am working with Hindalco Ind. Ltd. which is largest Aluminum Producer in India .It is a group company of A.V. Birla group which is the second largest Business House in India

We have formulated a unified corporate strategy under the brand name WCM, which targets excellence in manufacturing as a mean of delighting the customers, employees and other stakeholders on a sustainable basis.
WCM focuses on people, process and results. WCM is a competitive strategy that enables a development process for sustained Customer (Internal and External) Delight WCM aligns people towards a common goal that is unified with the corporate strategy and individual goals of the components of the Value Chain.
World Class Manufacturing comprises of Eight Dimensions. These eight dimensions are pursued with Fourteen Key Manufacturing Focussed Areas (KMFA) that the Cross-functional, Multi-skilled Teams focus on. The Dimensions are:
Waste (MUDA) Elimination
Work Environment (5S)
Just-In-Time (JIT) / Supply Chain Management
Equipment Effectiveness / TPM
Customer Driven : Internal & External Customer
Quality First: SQM and Best Practices
Liaison, Team Force and Skill Development
Information, Systems/ BPR, Technology and Cash Flows

Below is Microsoft Word document providing an overview of World Class Manufacturing kindly provided by Manoj.

Attached Files

• Attached File  WCM.doc   35.5KB   168 downloads

Manoj Mathur

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:10 AM

In the previous post, I have tried to give a brief on WCM (World Class Manufacturing). In the subsequent posts, I shall attach the detail one. This is a 17 Steps Master action plan to reach Ultimate Lean Manufacturing Company what we call as WCM Organisation.

All 17 Steps are to be described by me in next posts,
To launch and facilitate the implementation of a Group wide initiative for achieving World Class Manufacturing Status. This initiative is implemented through a unique Eight Dimensional Model which integrates several labeled programs from across the Globe.

World Class Manufacturing initiatives aim to achieve Manufacturing Excellence by working towards a culture that involves Zero Defects, Zero Losses, Zero Accidents, Zero Breakdowns, Zero Pollution and Zero Customer Complaints through "Zero Abnormality Movement". The essence of WCM is the formation of High Performance Ownership Teams which continuously strive to delight their customers (Internal & External) through enhancement of performance measured through Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Productivity (QCDIP). Each team defines its QCDIP from its Customers' perspective.

We AV Birla Group, have formulated a unified corporate strategy under the brand name WCM, which targets excellence in manufacturing as a mean of delighting the customers, employees and other stakeholders on a sustainable basis. WCM focuses on people, process and results. WCM is a competitive strategy that enables a development process for sustained Customer (Internal and External)Delight WCM aligns people towards a common goal that is unified with the corporate strategy and individual goals of the components of the Value Chain.

World Class Manufacturing comprises of Eight Dimensions. These eight dimensions are pursued with Fourteen Key Manufacturing Focussed Areas (KMFA) that the Cross-functional, Multi-skilled Teams focus on. The Dimensions are:

Waste (MUDA) Elimination
Work Environment (5S)
Just-In-Time (JIT) / Supply Chain Management
Equipment Effectiveness / TPM
Customer Driven : Internal & External Customer
Quality First: SQM and Best Practices
Liaison, Team Force and Skill Development
Information, Systems/ BPR, Technology and Cash Flows

Roadmap to WCM: The Seventeen Step Master Action Plan. The WCM Program can be effectively implemented in four phases:

1. Preparation
2. Introduction
3. Implementation
4. Stabilization

These phases altogether are divided into seventeen steps. These seventeen steps define the various processes that have to be initiated. The seventeen steps cover the enablers, process and result. The seventeen steps are further divided into sub steps. These sub steps are set of activities to be performed during the WCM implementation.

The Seventeen Step Master Action Plan is a Roadmap for WCM implementation. Ideally the Seventeen Step Master Action Plan is expected to be implemented in 36 months. The Seventeen Step Master Action Plan is prepared by the Unit WCM Secretariat in consultation with the Sub Committees and the Steering Committee. The Steering committee should review the same every month, and initiate necessary action.

Objective of 'The Seventeen Step Modules':
The Seventeen Step Modules are developed to enhance the understanding of all the Seventeen Steps of the Roadmap. It talks about the approach, deployment, integration/ review and action for improvement in each sub step.

Edited by Simon Timperley, 29 May 2004 - 07:18 AM.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:23 AM

Thanks Manoj, I look forward to seeing the further breakdown of the 17 steps. Maybe then we can discuss how your organisation is doing in the pursuit of Zero Defects, Zero Losses, Zero Accidents, Zero Breakdowns, Zero Pollution and Zero Customer Complaints through "Zero Abnormality Movement".

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Wallace Tait

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 174 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Systems thinking, Soccer (Glasgow Rangers), Family, the pusuit of truth and freedom

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

Well,
You've got me there Manoj. You know me from the C*#!.
Are we not just talking about Kaizen and fast track process improvements?
On face value, it seems that your initial intro is kinda like, re-inventing the wheel.
Toyota PS, Ford PS and other production systems aim at zero defects (Which are in reality unatainable) and, with additional tools such as Sigma and QM systems, it seems to me at this time that, re-inventing the old total quality management wheel, would do an injustice to the past masters of quality.
Just my respectfull opinion Manoj.
However, I'm intrigued as to how you're definitions and explanations of your particular quality tools and techniques shall enhance current practices within the quality arena.
I await with anticipation, your thesis.
Best regards
Wallace Tait.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users