Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 318 posts
  • 106 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Receiving wheat would be a CCP. The wheat needs to come to the mill with the correct moisture content for storage and also one needs to have magnets to capture the physical contaminants (ferrous materials).

Milling with different sets of rollers would be your Quality Critical Point (QCP)

Sieving and screening would also be a CCP as one would try and prevent any foreign particles of a particular size from passing through to the next stage in the process.

Having magents or metal detectors at certain points in the process would also be a CCP.

The final bagged product would be your QCP/CCP with the correct moisture and microbiological criteria for yeast and moulds, SPC, Bacillus cereus.

I hope this has helped your cause.

Regards

Ajay Shah

Dr Ajay Shah.,
BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE(FE)
Managing Director & Principal Consultant
AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
www.aasfood.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

fatiaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

thank you, but I find it difficult to determine especially critical limits at reception of wheat, knowing
no checks are performed the exception of grading??
How can I determine the limits reviews and monitoring mode to the dangers of receipt (heavy metals, pesticide residues, ...)

fatiaa

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Dear fatiaa,

This document may be of interest -

Attached File  generic HACCP for the Flour Milling Industry.PDF   12.85MB   2121 downloads

There is also another nice, generic FAO (from memory) document here which i posted a few years back but so far cannot find it. I will add it if discovered. :smile: (= 1st one below)

Rgds / Charles.C

These additional documents are from my archives, probably in decreasing order of current interest -

Attached File  dd01 maize wheat milling haccp.pdf   12.69MB   821 downloads
Attached File  dd02 canada haccp plan for grains cereals pulses 2010 - hp-pgh-eng.pdf   144.81KB   487 downloads
Attached File  dd03 - haccp plan wheat flour.pdf   405.06KB   822 downloads
Attached File  dd04 - haccp soy flour - 141-154.pdf   93.27KB   365 downloads
Attached File  dd05 - model haccp risk assessment matrix wheat using dutch haccp.pdf   255.97KB   584 downloads
Attached File  dd06 - microbiology cereal flour Sperber.pdf   78.72KB   417 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

fatiaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

thank you very much Charles

:)

fatiaa

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

Dear fatiaa,

This is just to add a litle more data to my previous post.

I don't know the primary objective of yr production however i noticed this nice link in another thread (oldish but currently active) which particularly focusses on haccp handling of aflatoxin considerations through primary/secondary processing with quite detailed examples for maize and also a few other products (eg peanut, apples) -

http://www.fao.org/d...00.htm#Contents

The source thread which contains some further links mainly intended for haccp plan aspects of animal feed production is -

http://www.ifsqn.com...dpost__p__28893

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Fredi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Albania
    Albania

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

hello,
I have problems to determine
critical control points in a
mill according to HACCP.
I have found 4
CCP: receiving wheat, wetting,
Security screening and bagging ...
Can you help me know if
I'm on the right track or not?
thank you,

Hello,

I'm establishing a HACCP plan on e flour wheat mill. I'm thinking of four CCPs in that plant: 1. receiving raw material (wheat). microbiological and chemical control. 2. Incoming water used for conditioning (to wet the grain), microbiological, chemical and physical. 3. Adding of additives (because flour mills use different additives to improve flour quality). and the last one, the fourth one CCP may be the last sieve after the bin flour and before packing of final product. because this plant has a sieve before packing. Regarding magnets, other sieves, disinfection with phostoksine i have considered as CP (Control Points).

gadez

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

We have an established HACCP plan in our mill and we only have 2 CCPs: the Sieves and the Metal Detector. The rest is just CP.

FVALDEZ

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

We have an established HACCP plan in our mill and we only have 2 CCPs: the Sieves and the Metal Detector. The rest is just CP.

GADEZ,

I seen that you have established 2 CCps with sieves and the Metal Detector. What type of supporting documetnation do you have for the sieves to comply with supporting documentation/validate that specfic CCP on sifting?. We were asked to get scientific information/supporting documnetation to validate that specific CCP and so far are unsuccessful.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users