mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

While it has been in the standard for years, AIB is now requiring facilities that have grains, cereals, spices or herbs, to implement a comprehensive pheromone monitoring program.

I suppose I could reinvent the wheel, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience implementing or using such a program?

Marshall

DAVE84

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 106 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Well i think comprehensive program will include details such as below

1 you will set threshold limit for pheromones. It also need to show your action plan that what will happen if pheromons get out of control

2 If any of trap shows activity what you will do? (You will increase trapas in that area to find out from where they are coming)

For more concerete program you can start with high number of traps in facility and based on results you are getting you can reduce the number of traps.

Dave

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

This is what I came up with. Comments?

Attached Files

DP2006

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 21 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

Marshall,

One addtional point I would add from the petfood industry is to plot the data you find from each trap.

Whilst a logbook will capture individual results, a plot of trap findings over time will give a very visual picture of when activity is highest and the locations.

In addition to your overall pest control system, this can help with ensuring you have a cost effective system and also one that can also focus on "hot spots" of pest activity where additional measures might be needed.

Good Luck.
DP2006

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Marshall,

One addtional point I would add from the petfood industry is to plot the data you find from each trap.

Whilst a logbook will capture individual results, a plot of trap findings over time will give a very visual picture of when activity is highest and the locations.

In addition to your overall pest control system, this can help with ensuring you have a cost effective system and also one that can also focus on "hot spots" of pest activity where additional measures might be needed.

Good Luck.
DP2006

Indeed. I have that covered in my main Pest Control Program. This is basically an informational addendum to that program.
As I said in the OP, AIB has had this as a minor requirement for some time, they have just never enforced it on a consistent basis. That has now changed and everyone covered by that particular requirement now has to toss a program together.

Thanks for the input,

Marshall

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users