• Quick Navigation
Photo

What are your job tasks and responsibilities?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

steph1984

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi Everyone
I'm new to this site and I've been reading allot of post and they are all very interesting and good in formation for me.
I'm new quality control supervisor and I've been working on designing are HACCP and QMP program for this new company !
I haven't been trained yet by anyone really since a started back 4 months ago and my question to you guys is what
are your job task and responsibilities I just want to make sure that i am on the right track !!
Thanks
Cheers !!
btw : I'm from Canada

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hi Everyone
I'm new to this site and I've been reading allot of post and they are all very interesting and good in formation for me.
I'm new quality control supervisor and I've been working on designing are HACCP and QMP program for this new company !
I haven't been trained yet by anyone really since a started back 4 months ago and my question to you guys is what
are your job task and responsibilities I just want to make sure that i am on the right track !!
Thanks
Cheers !!
btw : I'm from Canada

Food Safety Manager, HACCP/BRC Team Leader, Food Defense Coordinator, BRC Internal Auditor, Answer Man, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

In my industry, (bakery -pan breads, buns, hearth products) many hats are worn. It's very important that other members in a team concept (HACCP and BRC specifically) are well trained and can share the load, otherwise there simply are not enough hours in the day.

Marshall

Thanked by 2 Members:

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

HACCP Coordinator, Trainer, Document Control manager and Gatekeeper, Customer Complaint Handler, Lead Handler for External audits and regulatory inspections, Internal Auditor and soon to be in plant BRC auditor.

simonyee.budifeed

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 03 April 2023 - 06:47 AM

Hi,

I started out without any training

So consultant came in and started a QM.

from this QM you have your process flow chart, then SOP and WI.

That was the easy part but for the DCR you have to maintain.

update for the HACCP and GMP+.

that have to be updated with the new one by checking the HACCP and GMP+ Website.

Any changes you are responsible.

Records update these from each departmental heads.

all on food / feed safety.

Weighing scale, temperature monitoring, magnets, calibration records.

make sure these have certificate from time to time and monitor internally and send outside for external monitoring.

Make sure to keep your boss informed about changes to the HACCP and GMP.

And please do insist you get a good time to read, understand, study and work out the right strategy in your job.

This is only for the haccp and gmp

The other role is safety officer, department of environment, dept of occupational safety monitoring.

Don't think you are not dispensable. multi role yourself, step out of your comfort zone.

And interaction with the Govt inspector, customer who audit your product, facilities and process and procedure will help you expand your horizon beyond the office desk and chair.

One more thing, help with the rest of the department like shipping dept, under stand how to apply for e-permit, veterinary, food safety certification and what ever standards.

I also delivery and send document to shipping documents, for attestations and certifications.

If you are involved in the food/feed business you have to apply the Free Sales Cert and Veterinarian Health Cert for the client so as they will receive this certified, attested by embassy, and notarised by lawyers.

Please don't shrugged and say this is not my job. Tho the portfolio is a lot but eventually you will understand why, what, who and when.

It helps with your career in the long run and you will find ways and means to be more proficient to short cut your working time and also use software like MS Word, Excel and Outlook to your advantage.

I forget to mention I also do the labelling, safety signage and help with the labels for the product we sell.

For that I use Corel Draw, a Dell workstation, 2 monitors and a4 colour laser printer and helps from the printers.

I hope you will advance and grow in your job.

Thank you for the opportunity to share.

Simon Yee

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users