• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hello

I just joined this forum and i'd like to share my knowledge with you.

We've a Non-Conformity about our BRC/IOP ISSUE 4 inspection.

I'm working as Quality Assurance Engineer at converter flexible packaging company.

The problem is "There was no control system of the lighting in print inspection cabinets that appropriate to industry standard "

my question is: what is the appropriate lighting in packaging industry. ( i guess the appropriate light is daylight is it right?)

I must take an action for this.

Thank you very much for your help.

Özgür

Foodworker

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 353 posts
  • 234 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

It is difficult to give a precise answer without knowing the set up, the circumstances of the non conformity and your customers' requirements.

The light conditions to make print colour inspections a consistant activity need to be defined.

Some customers have their own standards but probably the most common that I see are D65 tubes and in the absence of anything else, I would go for this.

I am guessing tht the evidence that you will need to provide will be:

Which specification tube you are using, eg D65. If there is a particular customer requirement other than this it needs to be stated and controlled.

The tubes will probably have a lifespan defined by the manufacturer. You need to monitor the running hours to ensure that you change them within this and set up a recording system to prove it.

Thanked by 1 Member:

ozgurdemirkiran

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Thank you very much for your helpfull information.

I organized a form which include codes of light in print inspection cabines and their lifespan and we will check that we d change them when their lifespan end.

But we are working with lots of customers and its not possible to decide a standard light with customer.

We are using simple fluorescent lights in cabinets. I guess it should be at least as daylight. We are using snow white fluosescent but I guess we will change them to daylight fluorescent.

bst rgrd

özgür

Tamale

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

The industry standard is 5000K.

They are made by General Electric and sold as Chroma 50. Sylvania also makes Designer 5000 K. Follow the link and you will find out more.

PS, I do not sell light bulbs! Its just an informative link.

Tamale

http://www.elightbul...ce_lighting.cfm

Thanked by 1 Member:

Fiona_01

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

It is difficult to give a precise answer without knowing the set up, the circumstances of the non conformity and your customers' requirements.

The light conditions to make print colour inspections a consistant activity need to be defined.

Some customers have their own standards but probably the most common that I see are D65 tubes and in the absence of anything else, I would go for this.

I am guessing tht the evidence that you will need to provide will be:

Which specification tube you are using, eg D65. If there is a particular customer requirement other than this it needs to be stated and controlled.

The tubes will probably have a lifespan defined by the manufacturer. You need to monitor the running hours to ensure that you change them within this and set up a recording system to prove it.

Hi,

Actually I have the same problem with Özgü... Q: Is there really a required LIGHT INTENSITY for printing process? and how frequent do we need to check it? I hope you could help me :)

Thanks,

Fiona :helpplease::helpplease::helpplease:

ozgurdemirkiran

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

The industry standard is 5000K.

They are made by General Electric and sold as Chroma 50. Sylvania also makes Designer 5000 K. Follow the link and you will find out more.

PS, I do not sell light bulbs! Its just an informative link.

Tamale

http://www.elightbul...ce_lighting.cfm

Hello Fiona!!!....
Thank you very very very much for you helpfull information!...
I'm not sure that how can i found GE Croma 50 in turkey. But i guess there is some philips models (5000k).. i'll search today ;)
Have a nice work...
best regards.

özgür

ozgurdemirkiran

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

but... i have one more question...

You say that standart is 5000K....... İs it min value or max. value or is it should be only 5000K or is it should be full specktrum daylight???... i guess we are using 6200 K in cabinnets.

thank you very much for your help

=)
özgür

Maaike

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

D5000 is the norm. D6500 is the old norm for the graphic industrie.

You should also make sure Ra is high. Ra 90-100 is essential voor checking colours.

Best of luck,

Maaike

ozgurdemirkiran

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Turkey
    Turkey

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hello,

I've searched this issue and got something..

The ligths should be 5000K according to ISO 3664:2009

have a nice day =)

Thanked by 1 Member:

davide.gamberoni

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

In can making we use 5000K and 6500K.
You have tomdefine your standard and ask if they are agree. If not they have to tell you witch light they want.

Caglar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland
    Iceland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Print inspection lights should serve for the purpose of seeing true colors in printing.

These lights lose their capability of reflecting true color in time. Depending on the manufacturer of the light, their lifetime vary.

All you have to do is to calculate how many hours the light will be on per day (in worst case scenario), and do the math how long the light will last. In my factory for example printing department works two shifts, so the light is on for maximum of 16 hours a day. According to manufacturer the light has 7500 hours of lifetime. That gives us 469 days. So we have to change the light every second year considering the weekends and holidays are off.

You might want to put a label on the on the inspection light as well with following information:

Date of change

Who changed it

Next change date

iyi calismalar.

Caglar

Caglar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland