• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hi there!!

Could anybody please help me? I work at a packaging plant and need to write line clearance procedure and check sheet, but having some difficulties with it, Thanks in advance!!!

Gilang

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Line clearance procedure is to prevent mixing product...a very serious issue in the food industry. Often considered a CCP line clearance usually involves clearing the machine and work area of all materials and documents from the current order before moving onto the next order. The procedure is usually carried out against a documented checklist which is signed off by the operator and is often double checked and countersigned by a second operator. On reel-fed packaging often materials from the old and new order have to be joined to save re-threading the machine - in which case the taped join should be retained as evidence the line clearance was completed effectively. I have some documents i will dig out for you.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Gilang

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Line clearance procedure is to prevent mixing product...a very serious issue in the food industry. Often considered a CCP line clearance usually involves clearing the machine and work area of all materials and documents from the current order before moving onto the next order. The procedure is usually carried out against a documented checklist which is signed off by the operator and is often double checked and countersigned by a second operator. On reel-fed packaging often materials from the old and new order have to be joined to save re-threading the machine - in which case the taped join should be retained as evidence the line clearance was completed effectively. I have some documents i will dig out for you.

Regards,
Simon

Thank you simon,

Your information very useful for me. can you give me example document, like procedure and check list...
because i rather confused to develop procedure and check list....

Regards,

Gilang

Wine Gum

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 61 thanks
Good

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Here is an example of a Production change-over record - maybe this will help putting you on the right track to put something toether

QCAPPROVAL FOR CHANGE OVER ON PRODUCTION LINES

PRODUCT

JOB NO:

DATE:

LINE NO:

SHIFT:

RESPONSIBLE LINE MANAGER:

ALL PACKAGING MATERIAL FROM PREVIOUS PRODUCT ON RUN REMOVED FROM LINE (YES/NO):

IF NO, GIVE REASONS:

PACKAGING

QC SIGN

LINE MANAGER SIGN

ACTION TAKEN

1. CARTON

1.1 Ref code

1.2 Barcode

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

The attached would be stored with the production order documents and samples, which are also reviewed by management with action taken on any problems or comments made by operators. If the line clearance was not completed properly then product withdrawal would be initiated.

Regards,
Simon

Attached Files

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 3 Members:

Gilang

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

The attached would be stored with the production order documents and samples, which are also reviewed by management with action taken on any problems or comments made by operators. If the line clearance was not completed properly then product withdrawal would be initiated.

Regards,
Simon

Thank You SImon for your help,

that's very helpful for me to develop line clearance prodcedure

Regrads

Gilang

hort59

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral