• Quick Navigation
Photo

Product release for each step in the production process?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Is it necessary to have some kind of product release form or signoff for each step in the production process? Would a product release signoff for the shipping department be sufficient enough? Or do I even need one at all? We're a low risk process ( Food Packaging Manufacturing). If so, does anyone have an example template? Thanks

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I dont believe you need any kind of sign off or release form for each step in your process. Your HACCP plan should list each step in the process along with the potential hazards and the pre-requisite control measures. This should be followed up with a thorough record review to verify that your HACCP plan is working. Once this is done a product release sign off to your shipping department should suffice.

Thanked by 1 Member:

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

In food safety & quality management you more frequently hear the term POSITIVE RELEASE. This is a very specific concept, procedure and policy.

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about when you say 'PRODUCT RELEASE'?.

Positive release is often seen with high risk products coupled with a specific customer demand for it. You say you have a low risk product so you may not have a need for it on a food safety grounds.
George

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users