• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone found a fool-proof way of labelling the various pieces of plastic kit that find their way into a food processing facility. I am mainly looking for a way to label waste trays which are placed under conveyors to catch waste, it seems that the labelling that was sprayed on has worn off, as the last audit I did had all the right trays but none of them labelled. Could I use colour coding instead of labelling ( which is what we do anyway in that trays of certain colours are used for waste and nothing else, and these are brightly coloured to prevent temptation)...

We have the same issue with sanitiser bottles, every time I audit the labelling has worn off ( more of a problem in low season when there isn't the same ancillary staff at night to relabel).

Just wondering as a matter of interest....or is it just a case of JFLI.............. ?????

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

williamw

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 33 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hi all,

Has anyone found a fool-proof way of labelling the various pieces of plastic kit that find their way into a food processing facility. I am mainly looking for a way to label waste trays which are placed under conveyors to catch waste, it seems that the labelling that was sprayed on has worn off, as the last audit I did had all the right trays but none of them labelled. Could I use colour coding instead of labelling ( which is what we do anyway in that trays of certain colours are used for waste and nothing else, and these are brightly coloured to prevent temptation)...

We have the same issue with sanitiser bottles, every time I audit the labelling has worn off ( more of a problem in low season when there isn't the same ancillary staff at night to relabel).

Just wondering as a matter of interest....or is it just a case of JFLI.............. ?????

Not sure about BRC since we are SQF but all of our containers for food product, trash, food waste etc are color coded and we have signage around the facility showing the color coding system. Our chemical supplier provides us with laminated hang tags and preprinted, coated, self adhesive labels for sanitizer bottles that work well for us, although I suppose you could use a color coding system as well.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Not sure about BRC since we are SQF but all of our containers for food product, trash, food waste etc are color coded and we have signage around the facility showing the color coding system. Our chemical supplier provides us with laminated hang tags and preprinted, coated, self adhesive labels for sanitizer bottles that work well for us, although I suppose you could use a color coding system as well.

We are BRC certified and the program we use is just about identical to Williams.

Thanked by 1 Member:

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks that's great I will pass it on to my client, they will be pleased!:thumbup:

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users