• Quick Navigation
Photo

Dealing with Customer Satisfaction under scope of ISO 22000 (FSMS)?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hi;

In the scope of ISO 22000 (FSMS) mentioned in clause © as one of the requirements to evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonestrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety .in order to enhance suctomer satisfaction,

So what is the methodology to assess customers , shall I go to the customet and do customer assay ? Is there a form or particular questions shall be asket to the custormer to evalute his or her satifactions finally?
please share it.

Regards
Hygienic

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

The methodology needs to start with the specification (product, services etc) the specification should include food safety requirements and be supported by the relevant HACCP study. This clearly defines for you and your customer what is to be produced and supplied to meet customer needs which of course include legal and safety obligations.

Moving on you can use a number of methods to measure customer satisfaction to improve your performance. One is customer complaints. It may be said that this is a measure of customer dissatisfaction but IMO they are the two sides of the same coin. If you reduce customer complaints you will by definition increase customer satisfaction.

I have also seen companies use customer satisfaction surveys to measure qualitative data regarding the satisfaction of your customers. The value of this approach is debatable but I have attached a sample of a very simple survey which may be used.

George

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hello Hygienic, you may want to check out the previous thread here: Customer Satisfaction Measurement

There are some ideas on that thread.

Personally I've recently moved away from full blown surveys as they take a lot of time and effort and often the results and actions can be generic and not tailored to the individual customers.

I have set up a simple spreadsheet for gathering customers positive and negative feedback - it has columns for date, customer, feedback area, feedback comment, sales contact and action taken. That's OK and it collects reactive customer feedback, but on top of that we introduced what we call the two Golden Questions.

1. Tell us one thing we do well?
2. Tell us one thing we could do better?

All sales have to ask these questions of customers every 6 months, answers are logged on the above spreadsheet along with actions taken. It's a running proactive customer survey with feedback and action being very specific. The spreadsheet is made available on notice boards and discussed at sales meetings and management review.

It seems to have captured the imagination of sales and is working very well. Importantly customers always answer the two questions unlike questionnaire type surveys where the return rate is very poor, often as low as 10%.

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users