Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have noticed that Sainsbury's are offering a series of 'Technical Management Academy' training courses through Campden BRI aimed at technical personnel in manufacturing sites producing primarily for them:

http://www.campdenbr...nsburys-tma.php

We are an ingredients supplier to food manufacturers so are one step removed from the retailers but still need to be current and up to date with their requirements.

Does anyone know of any similar courses/initiatives run by any of the other retailers?

Many thanks,

Matt

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

I have noticed that Sainsbury's are offering a series of 'Technical Management Academy' training courses through Campden BRI aimed at technical personnel in manufacturing sites producing primarily for them:

http://www.campdenbr...nsburys-tma.php

We are an ingredients supplier to food manufacturers so are one step removed from the retailers but still need to be current and up to date with their requirements.

Does anyone know of any similar courses/initiatives run by any of the other retailers?

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

It's actually worth you doing a retailer course, if only to understand what demands are made on the manufacturer.

I've had problems with suppliers of ingredients who are unwilling to provide information about some of their suppliers, something Tesco insist you, as the manufacturing site, hold on file. I've even "unapproved" a supplier, much to the disgust of our purchasing department because they won't supply the information.

Even if you can't attend a course, it would be worth you downloading some of the suppliers standards to see what is required.

Caz x

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users