• Quick Navigation
Photo

Difference between Dutch HACCP and Codex HACCP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
- - - - -

italianbruschi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 16 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

sometimes i read dutch haccp ,what it means?there are some differecies with the haccp of codex?

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

The Dutch HACCP refers to the National Board of Experts, The Netherlands – HACCP based food safety system. It is a standard which defines the requirements of a HACCP based food safety management system with PRP's and management elements.

Dutch HACCP

It was previously a member of the GFSI but was replaced by the FSSC 22000 a few years ago.

Over the years while implementing food safety systems in food companies I always used the Dutch HACCP standard as the basis of the these systems regardless of whether I was implementing BRC or any other standard because IMO it was the best model and most clearly defined standard for food safety in a manufacturing operation. I think the standard may still be used and at one point you could still obtain certification under it post GFSI. This may still be the case. If you are new to HACCP it is also a great standard to learn the tools of the trade

The only negative was the graphic designer who developed the cover page (see above attachment)... most definitely a triumph of substance over style.

Overall I loved this standard and I miss it.

George

</div>

Thanked by 1 Member:

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

sometimes i read dutch haccp ,what it means?there are some differecies with the haccp of codex?

The Dutch Standard used the Codex Principles of HACCP so there is no difference

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Dear italianbruschi,

Here is a (perhaps) graphically prettier presentation of the "haccp" portion of George's official document. :smile:

Attached File  dutch haccp (2006-2008).pdf   826.29KB   171 downloads

One other point of interest in view of the OP's seeming interest in iso22000 is that the control measures developed for this "Dutch" haccp system show a correlation to the famous OPRP as introduced in iso22000. If you examine the "Dutch haccp" details, the analogy should be apparent and is probably not accidental within the chronology of iso22000.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Prasannaraj Pawar

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Tanzania
    Tanzania

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:45 AM