• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to disinfect a production line during a break 30 minutes?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Guciu

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hello,

I am writing to you with a small questions. How do you disinfect a production lines during a break 30 minutes?

I work in the cutting plant (poultry) MAP,  vacuum. Production day is 20 hours ( 2 shifts). In the 4 hours cleaning guys are use chemicals etc. with very good results. What bother me the most that durng this time there is no cleaning and the temperature inside is around 8-10*C. I see that many times the meat stays on the production line.

This is the reason why on the end of the day our microbioloical samples are to high. I wonder how to solve it.

Maybe water flushing, which I don't want.

Any ideas? Solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Dear Guciu,

The necessity for action may depend on what micro.objective you are targetting and what the current results are like. ? 

4 hours is excessive to leave product on the line at the temperatures you mentioned IMO unless the product temperature is a lot cooler than the environment. Keeping the product near 0degC should  give lower micro.growth (ie almost nil) for the step you mention  but the overall gain may depend on the total process.

Temperature improvements will  depend on the available options. Workers in conventional uniform are typically very anti <= 5degC for understandable reasons. Would probably be illegal working conditions also.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users