• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hello Everyone, 

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Erick Gonzalez. I'm 30 years old, like skiing, sailing, football and baseball. I work for one of the family companies, which is called Petsport USA. Our office is out in the "east bay" of the SF bay area. Over the last 18 years of our existence we've specialized in pet toys. At first we manufactured them ourselves here in the US, but as the business grew we had to expand manufacturing operations overseas to meet demand. So essentially all we do here in the US is front office stuff like designing, accounting, sales, quality control and testing.

We have a major retailer that buys our toys that has now requested that we make a peanut butter pet treat for them. They know that we will be subcontracting this work out, and so now my job is to find said subcontractor. They have certain food safety certifications that any subcontractor we hire will have to meet. researching these various acronyms -BRC  SQF,FSSC22000- is how I arrived at the IFSQN website.

I've been researching the subject of food safety and the organizations related to the topic for about 3 months now. Aside from that I am an admitted neophyte in food safety standards, schemes and certification agencies. I do know a thing or two about toy safety and testing standards though, and now I have to expand this knowledge to include food safety.

I will be using the IFSQN to soak up all the knowledge I can get on food safety and the players involved. If I could find a sub for this project through this network, then I would be even more grateful for having this awesome site as a resource. 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi Erick, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

We've been online 10 year's and during that time we've amassed a huge archive of information, so feel free to browse around.  If you can't find what you're looking for just ask.  You will find the IFSQN members are very friendly and knowledgeable.

:welcome:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users